xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading The Hdd  (Read 188 times)

Carpathian

• Archived User
Upgrading The Hdd
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to this so please bare with me. I recently unearthed my old xbox, a friend told me how to mod it using the Mech. Assault exploit so I did that, and chose UnleashX as my dash. So I put 2 games on it and realized I was already maxed out on disc space. Today I took a trip to my local computer store and purchased an 80g Western Digital HDD. Upon reading a little bit about the process necessary to "unlock" my original hdd, clone it, then transfer it to my new drive, I am feeling a little overwhelmed and am just looking for a kind soul to give a noob some/any advice. Thanks for reading and all tips are welcome.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Upgrading The Hdd
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

Wrong section - your question has nothing to do with UnleashX.

Read the link in my signature for a summary of the available softmod hard drive upgrade methods. Which is best for you depends on what tools you have available. Whatever happens, DON'T unlock your original drive, because unlocking tools actually remove the lock, so your Xbox won't boot with that drive. You might need to temporarily remove the lock, but that's different. Also, make sure you take a backup of your eeprom (and note that a copy on your Xbox isn't a backup - you have been warned.)

Which softmod did you use? If it wasn't Krayzie 1.1.1 then you'll need to update the softmod at some point. Work out which hard drive upgrade method you want to use, then we'll be able to tell you how and when to update your softmod.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: May 15 2011, 01:09 AM