xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Tell How Much Free Space Left On Hd  (Read 271 times)

allangee

• Archived User
How To Tell How Much Free Space Left On Hd
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »

Forgive my ignorance, but I can't figure out what I'm looking at when I check the UnleashX hard disk info.

I want to copy over a huge package of emu's and roms but want to make sure there's room on the hard drive.

If I recall, the EMU folder is on the e:drive.  When I check disk info there's a number-slash-number.

For example.... 1,234 MB/ 4,321 MB.

Can someone tell me how I can find out how much free space is left on the HD.

Thanks for your time!

And thanks to everyone who's ever posted an answer on this forum.  The information was invaluable when I soft-modded my X.

BuraddoX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

ok to tell how much space there is left on a unleashx Dash here is a example picture its not mine its someone else's i found on google images
IPB Image

ok so you have to look at the top left of your screen to see how much is left so when it says ex 3.393.98 MB
it can really mean 3.3GB is left on the HDD so yeah hope i helped but that is how you can read MB when ever you see it like that.happy.gif

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »

As Buraddox says with UnleashX the dash does tell you how much you have free on your main drives (depending on the Skin.xml). It is recommended though that you don't try to fill any drives to full capacity.

For more detailed information rather than use File Explorer it's quickest just to press Y when on a main menu page to bring up Xbox Info. Scroll down to Storage which shows (and makes clear) the amount of free and used space on all drives in convenient table form.    

The HDD info under Settings > Storage that you're referring to is exactly the same information but displayed in condensed form. So your 1,234MB/4,321MB is 1,234MB used space and 4,321MB free space left.

I know that somwhere in UnleashX or maybe via the Config.xml or specific Skin.xml it is possible to convert storage space display from MB into GB if preferred.

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Mar 12 2011, 01:09 AM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

I've looked at both UnleashX v.584 and v.572 and I can't see in either a menu option to change the display units or anything relevant in the Config.xml.

I think you're just stuck editing your Skin.xml if you want units other than MB and even then I don't think it will change anything other than main menu front page display. There seem to be only two allowable skin TAGS too, you just have a choice of either MBytes or Bytes.

I assume the detailed information display units are fixed during the skin creation process.