xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bought Used Xbox1  (Read 240 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Bought Used Xbox1
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(PierreC @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) View Post

Is it possibly just an old saved settings file and the app is no longer there?

Yes. Those are just pieces of saved data (preferences or game progress) for installed apps/played games. You can't launch anything from there. That just tells you that the xbox was modded at one time. The dash may still be there, but to launch it, you will have to mod it. Either softmod or hardmod.

PierreC

• Archived User
Bought Used Xbox1
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »

I figured as much.  No there are no saved game files from any of the exploit games.  

Next question.  Can I take the drive from another modded xbox1, clone it, and then use it in my xbox??

Or does the bios have to be hacked as well?

robot3

• Archived User
Bought Used Xbox1
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(PierreC @ Jan 12 2011, 04:29 PM) View Post

I figured as much.  No there are no saved game files from any of the exploit games.  

Next question.  Can I take the drive from another modded xbox1, clone it, and then use it in my xbox??

Or does the bios have to be hacked as well?

actually depending on what softmod was used with the splinter cell exploit. did you try turning the system on by pushing the bigger button that will open the dvd tray? The SIDS splinter cell exploit allowed a fail safe so if you turned on the system by opening the dvd drive instead of using the power button, it brings you to a blue screen with a few options on it to get you back up and going. Worth a shot if you did not try that method yet

PierreC

• Archived User
Bought Used Xbox1
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

well could not find a copy of the game anywhere...

more digging online and I found the hot swap info, did that, thought i had messed it up, but she booted to unleashx

ftp a few min later and transfer files, reboot to xbmc v8.something smile.gif

wish it had been as easy as writing that was, took me hours to find some soul who had stashed away the old versions of xbmc (there is no "old versions" link on the site, at least not that I could find)

all set up and installed in bedroom, shares are done and settlin in to watch a movie smile.gif