xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading Unleashx Manually  (Read 234 times)

xboxhddwut767

• Archived User
Upgrading Unleashx Manually
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »

Ok, wondering what directories and files I need to replace to manually upgrade my dash. I have v0.38 installed on my xbox, and have the following files-

Config.xml
Default.xbe
English.xml
French.xml
German.xml
MatallicAtmosphere.rar
Readme.txt
Spanish.xml
Unleashx0.39.05.28A.nfo

Could someone point me to which direcories I have to go to to replace, and what files I have to replace/rename ect.  Thanks in advance!!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by xboxhddwut767: Yesterday, 05:46 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:33:00 AM »

You need default.xbe, but you should take them all. The only exception worth talking about is config.xml - if you have edited your existing config to give you a custom menu then keep your original config.xml.

Where you put them depends on how your Xbox is modded.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 08:33 AM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »

If the OP speaks English and uses his/her Xbox in English then I believe you are correct, and all you need is default.xbe. From memory you don't even need config.xml - UnleashX will create it on first run if it doesn't exist. I'll have a check later to see if the dash and all the error messages etc. still work in English if you remove English.xml, but I think you're right and UnleashX defaults to English. However, in the absence of any location in the OP's signature I was hedging my bets!

The .rar file is a skin. Again, you could remove it if you don't want to use that skin.