xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Odd Problem  (Read 213 times)

dmk900

• Archived User
Odd Problem
« on: February 02, 2020, 11:18:00 PM »

I newly modded my xbox with UnleashX v38 release that come with Ndure 3.1 and AID or Slayers stock C.
At random times my menu selection would go up to the very top of the selection list.
Trying to go down to select a menu item it would go back up.

When this problem starts I can sometimes fix it by mashing buttons on the gamepad. Sometimes this doesn't work and I have to manually restart the console to get it working again.

I upgraded to the latest UnleashX and continue having the same problem. I don't have it while using the XBMC app or while playing any games. Which leads me to believe there is some sort of odd compatibility.

Any solutions? I'll try to load another dashboard and see if it does the same. I'm thinking EvolutionX is the most popular alternative. But before I try that I'm wondering if I can add a dashboard as an app or if I have to replace all the dashboard files which I believe is on the ? Drive.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Odd Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:18:00 AM »

It has nothing to do with your dash.

Your controller is faulty and the thumbstick is permanently off-centre,  or you have another controller connected and its left thumbstick is pushed up slightly.

You can install an alternative dash as an application in any location you like.

Where your dash is located depends on which softmod you installed. For Kingroach it's in E:\Dashboard\, for Krayzie it's in E:\Dash\

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Odd Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »

A problem with the controller is almost certainly the cause of this as Heimdall says.

It could be the triggers or d-pad which can both be used to scroll up/down the menus. The triggers are particularly sensitive too, so you shouldn't rest your fingers on them.  

But most likely it is the Left analogue stick. You probably don't notice it in games because your thumbs are resting on the sticks keeping them in the neutral position.

It was recommended in the early days of the PS(One) that the sticks were rotated just before boot up to ensure centring and some games even allowed you to recalibrate the centring in the menus.

In an older well used controller the culprit is often not just the centring springs losing their, erm, springiness but also 'finger cheese' ie. dried sweat, natural skin secretions from your hands and just plain old dirt and fluff. This can get iinto the moving plastic parts and cause problems.

If rotating the sticks as described and an extrernal clean up doesn't cure the trouble you may have more luck if you dismantle the controller and clean it from the inside out. Lubricating the the ball & socket part of the sticks with a plastic safe grease with PTFE (Teflon) ie. non-petroleum based can also help.