xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do These Unleashx Options Do?  (Read 285 times)

fallenangle

• Recovered User
What Do These Unleashx Options Do?
« on: October 10, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

In an effort to get my softmodded Xboxes all set up the same way I've been going through the UnleashX system options and I've realised I've no idea what the following at do:-

System>Settings>System>(Context Menu)Open Game Folder and Open Saves Folder?

Could somebody explain?

Also I've been wondering if this is anything to do with settings I'm using: under no version of UnleashX (v.543, v.572 and v.584) does the Game Save Manager seem to function properly when dealing with memory cards, official or otherwise.

UnleashX v.543 and v.572 as I have them set up both display HDD and memory card game saves correctly. However a problem occurs if you wish to update a backup save on the memory card. The option to Save/Delete is provided but the save won't copy over the previous (same name) backup save. You actually have to delete the existing backup save, refresh the game saves (black button), then the save from the HDD or other memory card can be made with no trouble.

UnleashX v.584 is worse. It won't even display the game save files on the memory card. It shows the main game file OK but individual saves are totally missing. This makes the whole point of the Game Save Manager totally useless ie. you can't copy game saves to the HDD from the memory card and although you may be able to copy to it you can't tell whether it's actually been done or not.

I'd assumed this was all some sort of feature of the default UnleashX settings but as I've progressed in my understanding of it's functions I haven't found any way to change its behaviour in this regard.

Is this some sort of unrecorded glitch? I know backing up game saves to memory cards with the Xbox was never a widely practiced, there were also plenty of games that wouldn't allow copying to memory cards when using the retail dash too. BTW using the UnleashX Game Save Manager some (all?) of those games do become copy-able.

I would have thought such an UnleashX problem would have been recognised long ago and corrected. So if it's not a glitch what settings do I need to change get the UnleashX dash functioning more like the retail dash for this purpose?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

Move over any entry on your UnleashX menu, and press the start button. That's the context menu.

UnleashX is unsupported, and the source code was never released. Consequently if you don't like the current build or its features and glitches then that's just tough! No amount of posting will change that, unless someone knows how to get hold of UnleashX to persuade him to release the source.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 03:46:00 PM »

Thanks I'll check that out.

I just found the memory card games saves issues a bit odd. The UnleashX Game Save Manager whole point is surely being able to copy to and from memory cards. Otherwise it's not so much a manager as a game saves display and delete feature. You'd have thought somebody might have noticed it wasn't functioning quite as well as it might have done.

As I said, strangely the last build v.584 is actually the worst of the lot in this regard and the principle reason I use an older version. I've looked at the build history of UnleashX and I couldn't find anything related to this issue so it does look as if at the time these issues slipped under the radar.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:49:00 PM »

The UnleashX gamesave manager also crashes if you try to examine content that isn't a gamesave e.g. a downloaded map.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:46:00 AM »

Context Menu - shows different things depending on the context you call it from. The two options you are worried about relate to games (Open Game Folder and Open Saves Folder.) So, guess what - if you highlight a game and press the context menu button it shows options that relate to games (because the context is games, because you've highlighted a game), and sure enough, if you enable those two options then they appear in the game context menu...........

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

Thanks I understand now and just realised I wasn't using the right button.