xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Big Xbox Problem!help Me Please  (Read 314 times)

bycile1

• Archived User
Big Xbox Problem!help Me Please
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

Hello guys.....i have xbox and i hawe a problem whit it!

Xbox is working fine,dvd rom,motherboard...

only thing is thet the xbox wont read HDD, it give me error 5! HDD is not locked! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

but i dont hawe lock code! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

i know how to soft mod a xbox,i moded one whit unleashX, whit helo of xbox-scene thanks for thet tutorial (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) !But this xbox is difrent one,i bought it cuple days ago,whit thet hdd problem,i think who ewer try to moded screw it up!didnt make backup! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cussing.gif)

so...the problem is thet i dont hawe lockcode and i think i can't get it from this hdd,some one allready try to hack it and screw it up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cussing.gif)

i know the modchip will ignore lockcode of hdd and it wuld solved my problem but hire in serbia modchip's are too Expensive and they are hard to found! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

i was trying to found help on google and hire,but i didnt found answer to my problem! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Please help me whit this! is there an solution?is there any thing i cand do to make this work?

PS: i am sorry for my bad english!

And if i post in wrong third please move it to the right place!

This post has been edited by bycile1: Sep 26 2010, 04:46 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

It's unlikely, but there might be a copy of the eeprom on the hard disk. Plug the disk in to your computer and use Xplorer360 beta 6 to search for eeprom.bin.

If not then you need an eeprom reader. You can buy them on eBay, or build your own.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Sep 26 2010, 08:03 PM

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

i conected the hdd on pc,but it wont recognize it! then i boot the cd whit XboxHDMaker to get thet browser,then I searched the entire hard drive but eproom is not on the disc! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) so i nead to do make eeprom reader? is the tutorial correct (valid)?can i rely on this tutorial?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

You have to use Xplorer 360 beta 6 on your PC to get it to read the disk.

The eeprom reader tutorial is correct.

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »

ok...thanks for tip man! i download thet program but it say thet some .DLL is mising...and i think its becoze i hawe windows 7, i will try to do thet on other computer whit XP....and i will tell what hapend!

any way,thanx man you help me alot all ready!

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 03:23:00 AM »

Probably msvcr71.dll. I believe you can find that file in an XP machine. If not you can find it using Google. I usually go with dll-files.com.

Once you get it, put it into a folder with Xplorer360 and it will run fine.

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 04:35:00 PM »

i made the EEPROM reader whit my dad,it look's like factory made it,i will send the pic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) and will try  to get HDD key form my xbox!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) and i will tell you did this help,did i fix xbox! anyway  thx agen for help guys!

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

My eeprom reader work's perfect! love.gif  i got the eeprom.bin and i lock the hdd,but i hawe a problem now! grr.gif

when i put ndure 3.0 (unleashx(when i use this on last xbox it work fine)) and my PC boot from cd....i hot swap the hdd in PC...i type xbrowser instal ndure... then i type xboxhd and i chuse option 1 "bild it from scraches"

then i power on the x box but after blober and mocrosoft logo it go blank!

is it becose kernel specific fonts?....i dont know what version the dashboard is!

and i dont hawe original dash board on thet hdd!

my last one was 4817 and i moded thet one perfectly!

what to do next....how can i moded whit out back up of original dashboard?

please help me whit this,i am so close makeing it work!

I AM REALY SOORY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 05:35:00 PM »

Use Kingroach NDURE 3.1. Just select your Kernel version under "Kernel Selection" and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" - leave all other options at default. Since you don't know your kernel version just pick "Unknown Kernel".

Build your xboxhdm disc using the stock C from Slayers / AID / CASH (Slayers:SYSTEM\All\c\, or AID:Files\Dash\ms-c.zip, or CASH:\StockFiles\c\), and the Kingroach NDURE 3.1 files you just made. Rename ndure.htm to ndure (no extension), and place it in linux/ndure/ndure. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Put eeprom.bin in /linux/eeprom/

Boot with xboxhdm, select option 3 and type unlockhd -a to unlock the disk. Quit, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select Option 1 - Install Ndure [Install only ndure files]. Exit the ndure script. Reboot the PC, select option 3 and type lockhd -a to lock the disk.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Today, 01:37 AM

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »

i cant edit last post...so i hawe to make a new one!

i found Kingroach's NDURE 3.1,i run it... and i just selected "Unknown Kernel" and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" other is on default! and i place the ndure folder in \xboxhdm\linux

now....can you explain this part please...

"Build your xboxhdm disc using the stock C from Slayers / AID / CASH (Slayers:SYSTEM\All\c\, or AID:Files\Dash\ms-c.zip, or CASH:\StockFiles\c\), and the Kingroach NDURE 3.1 files you just made. Rename ndure.htm to ndure (no extension), and place it in linux/ndure/ndure. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Put eeprom.bin in /linux/eeprom/"

where to found thet stock files???where to get thet AID,Slayers???
ok i place the ndure in linux!done thet!!!
can i use old ndure (the one whit no extension) thet i use in ndure 3.0(replace)???

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Slayers / AID  /CASH - use Google.

You need the ndure file that Kingroach NDURE 3.1 creates. It's called ndure.htm, just rename it to ndure with no extension.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »

Kingroach NDURE 3.1 installer makes ndure.htm for you.

You should edit your post to remove that link - it's against the rules.

It doesn't really matter which version of Slayers you download - you are simply going to use Qwix to extract the stock C files from the Slayers iso file.

bycile1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »

OOOOOooooooooooooo i think i understand it now!

i found the Slayers Evox Auto Installer....i dont hawe Qwix..can i use XisoManager? i just nead to extrat files from thet iso? then i copy files from Slayers:SYSTEM\All\c\ in Linux\C

do i nead to put some files in to linux\ndure\c and in linux\ndure\e or just files from slayer in to linux\c and linux\e

i deleted the link...sorry

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »

Rename ndure.htm to ndure (no extension), and place it in linux/ndure/ndure. Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Put eeprom.bin in /linux/eeprom/

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

Glad you got it fixed.smile.gif

The Xbox doesn't like all USB drives, maybe yours is one it doesn't like. There's nothing you can do about it, you just need to find a different USB stick.