xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1st Attempt  (Read 142 times)

drizzamed

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« on: February 23, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

Im looking into dashboards and I'm a bit confused. I'm getting read to attempt my 1st backup for xbox.

Is it necessary that I replace my current original dash? Anyone know where I can get UneashX? (I hear this is the best dash)

I'm a total newbie at this, I ordered my mod 2 days ago (Xecuter 2.6CE) and I hope I made a good decision. I'm just taking this one step at a time, not knowing what to expect next once I begin this back up process, and I hope I don't end up making a ton of coasters on my first tries. Anyone have any other advice? Im basically going in this order... Does this sound right?
1. new dash (if required)
2. FlashFXP to ftp xbox to computer through router
3. Create ISO using Quix
4. Burn ISO using DVD Decrypter

thanks everyone!

Pittfan

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(drizzamed @ Feb 23 2006, 10:44 AM) View Post

Im looking into dashboards and I'm a bit confused. I'm getting read to attempt my 1st backup for xbox.

Is it necessary that I replace my current original dash? Anyone know where I can get UneashX? (I hear this is the best dash)

I'm a total newbie at this, I ordered my mod 2 days ago (Xecuter 2.6CE) and I hope I made a good decision. I'm just taking this one step at a time, not knowing what to expect next once I begin this back up process, and I hope I don't end up making a ton of coasters on my first tries. Anyone have any other advice? Im basically going in this order... Does this sound right?
1. new dash (if required)
2. FlashFXP to ftp xbox to computer through router
3. Create ISO using Quix
4. Burn ISO using DVD Decrypter

thanks everyone!

If you can get the Auto Installer Deluxe v 3 it has everything you need on it , "UnleashX dash" , Tons of Apps, and Emulators etc .  Link :http://aid.xboxhq.com/    Look for Auto Installer Deluxe 3 under "Downloads"                                                                                     I would use Nero Burning Rom to burn the game ISO , Also  I never have a problem with nero , Heres how to set it up to burn Xbox games .. PiC: http://img379.images...age=nero5ix.jpg

drizzamed

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

Thanks Pittfan! I do have the latest nero, so I will do that.
Do you have the answers to my other questions by any chance?

thanks again!

Pittfan

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(drizzamed @ Feb 23 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

Thanks Pittfan! I do have the latest nero, so I will do that.
Do you have the answers to my other questions by any chance?

thanks again!

2. FlashFXP to ftp xbox to computer through router ..  Yep FlashFXP is good , I use that  to FTP from puter to xbox also smile.gif
3. Create ISO using Quix
.. I have used Quix , I like Craxtion 4 better thou . Quix will work to make the Xbox ISO np  .

The Third Man

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »

You don't need to replace your MS dashboard. You should keep it. But also install Unleash (and others, if you want).

You'll end up with more than one dashboard. You can set your Xbox up so that the hacked BIOS boots to Unleash while the retail BIOS boots to the MS dashboard.

You get Unleash (and everything else) in "the usual places," i.e., xbins:

http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

As for your backup method, yep, that sounds pretty good. But you forgot to mention dvd2xbox. You can use that software to place the game files on your Xbox hard drive or you can send the files directly to your PC. dvd2xbox can also be found in the usual places.

have fun  wink.gif

drizzamed

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

Excellent Answers! you guys rock! thanks for your time!

I dont have an upgrated hard drive in my xbox.. its still the original, so I suspect you wouldnt be able to save many games before needing to upgrade?

The Third Man

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

Game sizes vary widely, but most are 2-4 GB. So you will run out of room very quickly.

drizzamed

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

Thanks Third Man! My mod chip comes preflashed, so my previous steps still apply correct?

The Third Man

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(drizzamed @ Feb 23 2006, 12:06 PM) View Post

Thanks Third Man! My mod chip comes preflashed, so my previous steps still apply correct?

With what BIOS? Do you know? I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah, you've got the steps (more or less).

1. Boot to hacked dash (unleash or whatever)
2. Launch dvd2xbox
3. Upload game files to PC

and then do the rest of the steps.

I mean, that's not the only way. But that works. You can also just use Quix on your PC to get the game files from your Xbox (while in Unleash), if you want.

drizzamed

• Archived User
1st Attempt
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

I dunno.. I purchased the Xecutor 2.6 CE Lite (lite being preflashed) from www.mods4less.com
Ill probably learn more when I get it... I dunno...

ACTUALLY... here it is..
FlashBIOS Cromwell 3.0.3 and 3.0.1 (Linux) BIOS