xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hdtv Test  (Read 228 times)

Gomorule

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Mar 24 2004, 06:06 PM)
Yup, you need to enable those options in MS Dash. 

I mean do i have to set it up in the UnleashX dashboard, cause everything in the MSdash is already setup for me, my projector supports all the outputs made available by the XBOX... 

Hmm... I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work for me either.  MSDash is set correctly and all my HD games are working fine.  I tried holding back then powering on the box...no luck.  Same thing using start.... I just get regular 480.  My TV supports 720p and 1080i.

Any ideas?

Version 1 Xbox
Latest X2 bios

lotw

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gomorule @ Mar 25 2004, 12:17 AM)
QUOTE (unleashx @ Mar 24 2004, 06:06 PM)
Yup, you need to enable those options in MS Dash. 

I mean do i have to set it up in the UnleashX dashboard, cause everything in the MSdash is already setup for me, my projector supports all the outputs made available by the XBOX... 

Hmm... I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work for me either.  MSDash is set correctly and all my HD games are working fine.  I tried holding back then powering on the box...no luck.  Same thing using start.... I just get regular 480.  My TV supports 720p and 1080i.

Any ideas?

Version 1 Xbox
Latest X2 bios

Did you hold the button down till the dashboard came up?  Turn the Xbox on and press and hold the back or start till you see the dashboard.  If you have your MS Dashboard setting correct for the Video options (480p Yes, 720p yes, 1080i yes) then it should work.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

sad.gif Anyone else having this problem with the file browser?

Edit: I also tried to play .wmv and .xmv vid files through the file browser @ 1080i and the video was extremely extremely slow. Also the video that played back was zoomed in and had about 1/4 of the bottom of the video off on the bottom of the screen. I tried to take a screenshot of the vid but the screenshot comes up empty and just shows the folder but not the video.  huh.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

smile.gif So please if you have some, share 'em.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Mar 24 2004, 09:47 PM)
Like I discussed with one beta tester, the overscanning seems to differ from mode to mode. This means that for every mode, I will have to have a separate settings and apply it accordingly.

Some immediate problems:
Like lotw said, the xbox library have trouble, or doesn't allow loading huge images. I have to find out the maximum size of image that will load succesfully.

Some questions:
Is the font of the file manager readable at 1080i? Should I leave it at that or provide a means to scale the font?
What about the options menu, system info, settings screen? Do the fonts need to scale up?
Undoubtedly, menu icons, as well as menu text needs to be scaled up appropriately.
I need as much suggestions and ideas here since I'm kinda blind as a bat smile.gif So please if you have some, share 'em.

Sweet... I'm glad screen calibration is coming along. Actually after looking at the screenshots closer, the images actually look pretty good and detailed upscaled to the 1920x1080 screenshots even though the original source was only 640x480. So maybe having a lower res pic will do and not require skinners to have full 1920x1080 image if the size limit can't be overcome.

Answer to questions:
The font is barely readable at 1080i and is rather too small for my taste. Plus I'm viewing it on a 65" screen. When I split my screen in 2 which is aprox a 30 something " screen, the text is not legibale at all. I believe a means to scale the font would be best.

The systems info/settings screen are nearly identical to the file browser. It is a bit more clear in my opinion but def need to be scaled as well. Also the white lines surrounding the volume bar graph as well as the pop up confirmation screen flickers just like the white lines in the file browser. I'm guessing that the white line is one pixel width and hense getting the whole flicker effect from the interlace aspect of 1080i  sad.gif

I also just tried the blue asura skin to see if the intro video would slow down like the ones i watched from the file browser. The videos played fine but the menu navigation had extremely slowed down. In particular, the smooth transition in between items in the menu

As far as suggestions goes, each HDTV set is going to be different. Lots of users are gonna use 1080i and the rest are gonna be die hard 720p. And as you said, the overscan is different for each of these modes. So screen calibration is a def plus and pretty much a necessity for hdtv/xbox IMHO...  biggrin.gif Also the fonts look nice and sharp and somewhat legible at least on my set but again, this might be due to the size of the screen as well. Even if the fonts were scaled just a bit larger, it would still not fit everyones needs, although would help tremendously on mine. So giving the user the ability to scale all the system/file browser, and possibly even the skin-menu/info fonts might be a good option to have in the systems menu.

I'm defenitely loving how the dash looks so sharp right now at 1080i!  Great work once again on the dash! beerchug.gif

GrayCalx

• Archived User
Hdtv Test
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

Just downloaded UnleashX for the HD and video support.  I'm glad to see theres a reason i couldn't get it working last night (holding the buttons).  Is this going to be a setting in future releases, so i won't have to manually insert it into that mode?  That'd be great... yeah...

Thanks for the work.
Pages: 1 [2]