xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 'copydvd' And F Drive  (Read 90 times)

Kthulu

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« on: February 25, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

when i run CopyDVD, it copies to the F:\games just fine.  are you sure your F: has been partitioned/formatted?  do you have any other files on it?

Mixael

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

Yep. That would be the problem,  im down to 3gb on my F drive. thanks

Mixael

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »

Opps the text editor i was using to edit the xml stuffed up the " for Arg1, as you can see in my orginal post. So you can use Arg1 to point to a folder with CopyDVD.

The only problem is that its doesnt create a folder in that location with the name of the game. Is there a parameter you can type in for it to add auto named Game folders. I am wanting the game copy directory to be f:\Games\Xbox. Is it possible?

unleashx

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

CopyDVD, indeed, can accept argument but if you fill in the argument, the function will take that as the destination and will not create a folder base on the game name. In your example, dvd content will be copied to F:\Games, and NOT F:\Games\<GameName>. If you put in f:\Games\Xbox, then it will be copied in that exact location, assuming you have enough space on F.

Mixael

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »

smile.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
'copydvd' And F Drive
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

It will only copy it over to E if E happens to be larger than F (or G if G is larger than either E or F).

i had read that but assumed he had read that too and since he said he had a large HDD, i didn't figure that would be the problem...

also, i didn't realize copydvd looked at the freespace of the drive.  when i read the quote above i thought it looked at the partition size.  now i know.  thanks!