xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dhcp Refresh  (Read 81 times)

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« on: February 24, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (WabidWoveren @ Feb 24 2004, 04:22 PM)
I know this is a feature in ava, but i would appreaciate it if when i put an ethernet cable in the xbox, it gets an ip without having to restart.  Ava recognizes the cable and gets an ip, while evox and unleahx set the ip to 0.0.0.0.

I didn't know that ava had a dhcp refresh feature. Pretty cool.

But in all honesty, how hard is it to push the power button 2x, or hit the restart function through your menu to grab an IP from your router AFTER you realized that you had to get back up from your sofa, walk over to the xbox, and plug in your ethernet cable?  blink.gif

GoSpits

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 05:17:00 PM »

Isn't that what the restart network option does?
System->Misc->Restart Network

It's not instant recognition, but takes less time than a full reboot and is a handy little feature.

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

no the xbox has a pin to recogize the cable.  When u put it in it goes from being blank, to 0.0.0.0, so all it needs to be is a single like that says when the cable is inserted it runs the refresh network command.  Thanks for reminding me of that feature, because if it dosnt get added, thats the next best thing

unleashx

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

It does refreshes. Just takes longer for DHCP than it is for static. At anyrate, I modified it and lessen the latency to check/get new IP address when the cable is unplugged. Currently, it's at 8 seconds interval, so you'll probably get a new IP after about 10sec or so.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Feb 25 2004, 02:47 PM)
It does refreshes. Just takes longer for DHCP than it is for static. At anyrate, I modified it and lessen the latency to check/get new IP address when the cable is unplugged. Currently, it's at 8 seconds interval, so you'll probably get a new IP after about 10sec or so.

Interesting... I'll have to check this out tonight when I get back home...

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
Dhcp Refresh
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

well good i use static, but when 0.0.0.0 popped up i just hit restart right away