xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Background Image  (Read 683 times)

selivus

• Archived User
No Background Image
« on: April 21, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »

hey guys... excuse me if i'm missing something totally obvious, but i need a little help. I got UIX installed (It freakin' RoX), and i installed about 10 skins that i got from allxboxskins.com... my problem is that on all of the skins the background images don't show up. If someone could lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rixter110

• Archived User
No Background Image
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 01:27:00 AM »

in your default.xip , default.xap   search for

DEF theBackground Background

and make your code look like this;

DEF theBackground Background
        {
         skyColor 0 0 0
         backdrop ImageTexture { url "background.xbx" }

..making sure you xbx in skin is named  "background.xbx"

:beer:

p.s. dont forget to take off backslashes//

This post has been edited by rixter110: Apr 21 2005, 08:30 AM

selivus

• Archived User
No Background Image
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

You are the sh#$ Bro, Thanks a ton. I really appreciate it.

Whatup1049

• Archived User
No Background Image
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

I just tried this and all it does is REBOOT my xbox after I edit it. I've done it atleast 5 times now and I'm not making any errors. I edit teh default.xip in user.interface.x.dash\xips and do the changes you suggest remove the "//" and change it to background.xbx. What am I doing wrong?! I just want teh backgrounds to work :(

Where is teh default.xap? Why did you put that I can't find any default.xap anywhere on my xbox hdd, let alone the UIX folder...??

Odb718

• Archived User
No Background Image
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

I edit teh default.xip in user.interface.x.dash\xips and do the changes you suggest remove the "//" and change it to background.xbx. What am I doing wrong?! I just want teh backgrounds to work sad.gif

Where is teh default.xap? Why did you put that I can't find any default.xap anywhere on my xbox hdd, let alone the UIX folder...??

Um no! the default.xap is in the default.xip.  use winxip to extract the default.xap from default.xip and edit the xap with note pad and save it. then use winxip to insert the edited default.xap back into the default.xip.

Whatup1049

• Archived User
No Background Image
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

K got it, it works ;)

It's frustrating for noobs they get the UIX and then dl skins and they dont work right. Next rls you should have this pre-edited since so many skins use this feature!

:)