xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: OpenDash WIP Update: Input Issues  (Read 1081 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update: Input Issues
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

OpenDash WIP Update: Input Issues-- Posted by XanTium on February 22 19:14 EST
D0wnlab/th0mas posted an update about OpenDash (an opensource dashboard currently in development for Xbox that can be build with the legal OpenXDK(info)) on th0mas.xbox-scene.com:

It's really too bad, but I still have issues with openxdk and input handling. I just can't get it to work 100%. Scarily, the only option may be to start some portions from scratch, but that's okay since I definitely have adopted the "Blob" antipattern with Environment. Anyone who can build opendash please do so and try the input handling on their xbox and PM me on xbox-scene.

Official Site: http://th0mas.xbox-scene.com

deadlokIV

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

Wow, that sounds pretty bad, that is: if it is going to be hard to start ground-up again.
To what extent is the input handling failing upon? I  am aware that the old build had weird symptoms that could at times, be resolved by simply restarting the app, but what is the specifics here?

Also one other thing; is the skin documentation still compatible with this 'new build' that may be released. (If so then i may have a ground/base to gain skinning information from).

Good luck to whatever comes, though...
-ronnel

friedgold

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(deadlokIV @ Feb 25 2006, 12:11 AM) View Post

Wow, that sounds pretty bad, that is: if it is going to be hard to start ground-up again.
To what extent is the input handling failing upon? I  am aware that the old build had weird symptoms that could at times, be resolved by simply restarting the app, but what is the specifics here?

Also one other thing; is the skin documentation still compatible with this 'new build' that may be released. (If so then i may have a ground/base to gain skinning information from).

Good luck to whatever comes, though...
-ronnel

Sorry for the late reply but...

The input handling problems are similar to older builds - ocasionally when OpenDash loads it won't respond to input. It's intermitant so if you just reboot it will usually work second time around.

I don't think skin format hasn't changed since window build 396 (the one that introduced a progress bar). One thing to keep in mind when doing a skin is that there will be overscan on a TV screen so you should try not to place elements too near the edge of the screen otherwise they will be in danger if being cut off.