xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: OpenDash WIP Update  (Read 999 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« on: January 21, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »

OpenDash WIP Update-- Posted by XanTium on January 21 02:59 EST
D0wnlab/th0mas posted an update about OpenDash (an opensource dashboard currently in development for Xbox that can be build with the legal OpenXDK(info)) on th0mas.xbox-scene.com

I should update what's going on lately. In OpenDash news, friedgold has started to work on OpenDash's OpenXDK code lately, and together we're fixing the remaining bugs.. all our work is, naturally in the sourceforge.net CVS which can be accessed via the sf.net project page. He figured out a major bottleneck in the blitting code that should increase the framerate in openxdk based projects by significant amount. I'm working on the basic skin that will be released with the program. In other news, there's a lot of cool talk on the XBH forums, regarding Xbox360 hacking. I wrote an unpacker for .BF files, but am not planning on releasing an update since another forum member beat me to an unpacker. As long as everyone is satisfied with that tool I won't write my own since it's just redoing someone else's work. Other than that, school is in full swing, so time is naturally sporadic.

Official Site: http://th0mas.xbox-scene.com

Aurahead

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

Hmm... Iam a bit confuse...
Is this going forward? The process with hacking Xbox360?  huh.gif

ksteiner

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »

Dude this is about xbox1 not 360.

Aurahead

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(ksteiner @ Jan 21 2006, 04:27 PM) View Post

Dude this is about xbox1 not 360.

Haha!!
Thats why I did not understand  laugh.gif

funnyperson1

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

Glad to see you guys are still working on this, it would be great for the community to have a fully legal above-ground dashboard to use.  Not to mention all the other applications as OpenXDK gets better.  Keep up the good work fellas!

bviking77

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 06:13:00 AM »

This is an awesome project that doesn't seem to have the attention on these forums that it deserves. Keep up the great work!

I've been meaning to check out the cvs and take a look at the WIP updates but haven't yet found the time. How's progress?

friedgold

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(bviking77 @ Mar 22 2006, 12:44 PM) View Post

This is an awesome project that doesn't seem to have the attention on these forums that it deserves. Keep up the great work!

I've been meaning to check out the cvs and take a look at the WIP updates but haven't yet found the time. How's progress?

At the moment OpenDash loads up quickly, is reasonably responsive and quick, is highly skinnable and can run xbes, load skins, reboot, eject the tray and do some basic file operations. In other words it does all the essentials. Unfortunately the input handling is flaky. Maybe 20% of the time OpenDash will load and won't respond to any input. If you reboot and try again it usually works fine. The problem probably lies somewhere in the OpenXDK since I get similar issues with sdldoom. This is the main problem holding up a proper release (the other thing needed is a good looking, complete skin).

If you do build OpenDash from CVS let us know how input is for you - I know dOwnlab is interested in feedback on how the input works on different Xboxes.

d0wnlab

• Archived User
OpenDash WIP Update
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Currently, I'm actually waiting for an impending update from a related project.  Until then, the remaining bugs cannot seriously be addressed, and I don't want to add anymore features before then since they cannot be reliably tested (my xbox almost never works with openxdk input).  Friedgold's been awesome and has fixed some bugs and features in the code, and hopefully we will fix the other problems and get a release smile.gif