xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm And Craxtion 4.0  (Read 841 times)

Rydium-41

• Archived User
Mxm And Craxtion 4.0
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

Hi to all

I want to know how to make a multi-game disc and I have searched many places and have looked at many FAQs regarding the making of a multi-game disc but I still do not understand some things which is why I'm posting here.

I have two games which I need to burn in a single DVD-R because their size is not so big and can easily fit in 4.7 GB of disc space. I have Craxtion 4.0 which has a Multigame Wizard which includes the following Disc Formats:

MenuX
MXM
CDX

There are also 3 steps. The first is "Select Disc Format" which includes the above mentioned formats. The second is "Add ISOs/Folders" and the third, "Create ISO!".

Here's what I have to work with:

The 2 ISOs of the games
The folder which I have named "MXM skin" that includes:

The PNG 'loading' file of dimensions, 640x480
The PNG 'screen' file of dimensions, 640x480
The "XML" document which includes the code I have copied from this tutorial : [link name=Code from Cofi's tutorial]http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/menux-to-mxm-skin.php?action=results&poll_ident=6[/link]

Now for the main thing.

First of all, I've tried doing this myself but am quite sure if I proceed without some proper guidance, I'll get things messed up.

I have opened Craxtion 4.0's MultiGame Wizard.
In the first step ("Select Disc Format") I have selected the disc format to be 'MXM'. Next, I am in the second step ("Add ISOs/Folders") where I have selected 'Add Folder' and have browsed to the "MXM skin" folder which has the 3 files that are mentioned above. I have also selected 'Add ISO' and have browsed to the iso files of both the games. Here is how the Lay-out is overall:

(IMG:http://usera.imagecave.com/biosyn/MultiG-Wiz.bmp.jpg)

If someone could tell me that I'm doing something wrong or if I should proceed or restart the whole procedure and using Craxtion 4.0's MXM Disc Format, make the multigame disc, I'd really appreciate it and would be thankful.

P.S: If there is a FAQ regarding the making of multigame discs using Craxtion 4.0, you could link me to that too.

Please help a newbie.

Thanks in advance.
-Rydium-41

This post has been edited by Rydium-41: Jun 7 2006, 05:12 PM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm And Craxtion 4.0
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

Looks correct to me... What happens when you put it in your xbox?

Rydium-41

• Archived User
Mxm And Craxtion 4.0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

Nevermind, I got it working.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

rashid420

• Archived User
Mxm And Craxtion 4.0
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rydium-41 @ Jun 15 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post

Nevermind, I got it working.  smile.gif

Okay I know this post is old but hopefully someone is going to read it.

I finally found DVD-R media that my XBox could read. I backed up a game using Craxtion and burned it. Plays fine.

Then I backed up to "small games" and burnt a Multi-Game CD. Xbox says "Loading..." and hangs. I tried burning selecting ISOs of backups directories. No changes. Individually, i.e. single game CD, the XBox loads them fine.

I'm thinking it's the options I'm selecting for Multigame. There are a couple of check boxes regarding menus and stuff. Is that my problem? Something else?

Already gone through 5 DVD-Rs...might as well have burnt one game per DVD. But then that defeats the whole purpose.

Anyone have any suggestions?