xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 13 Issue  (Read 1064 times)

spliff721

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

when you say you have had no luck with slayers what do you mean? does the disk not boot? do original games boot? if original games boot, you can try putting an xbox live capable game in and updating the dash. somethin post halo 2. or get yourself a copy of HeXEn, and try that, it has options to fully rebuild your softmod. to find it google HeXEn (heimdall's xbox engineering disc). i suggest the 2nd link.

x_caliber

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »

this one didnt boot either. did the cold boot where i put the disc in the tray and turn the xbox off then back on again and it just went to the error screen. is there a special way i have to burn the hexen disc? i burned it using toast as a ISO9660 to a cd. It wouldnt let me burn it as a dvd it gives me an error saying "CD-ROM XA or audio tracks cant be written to DVD". I know some people said you should use cdrw's or dvd's. Is this the case? All I have at the moment are DVD+R's and CD-R's...

spliff721

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:15:00 AM »

DVD-R is what you need, my boxes wont boot anything else.

spliff721

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »

I like magicISO maker or imgburn. MagicISO has an option for XBOX DVD filesystem. But standard ISO 9660 should work also.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »

It's 99.99% certain that your Xbox is no longer softmodded, and hence no homebrew DVD will work, and there's no way to get FTP access.

You need to start again with a post 2004 live-enabled game to restore your MS Dash, then with an exploitable game and Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave softmod on a memory card. Alternatively you need to find a PC to use for hotswapping, and use xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to rebuild your hard drive.

spliff721

• Archived User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »

are you getting an error 16 now?

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Error 13 Issue
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 05:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(x_caliber @ Feb 14 2011, 03:05 AM) View Post

ok just saw both of these. last night i swapped the non-functioning xbox in my room with my other one thus unplugging the power. is it still a matter of having to reset it back to standard and the re-soft modding it? or is it totally bricked now?

Even if you get Error 16 it won't mean it's totally bricked, there are ways of recovering it but does makes things much more complicated.

But you may be lucky and not get Error 16. I've had Xboxes that have been powered on for 2-3 hrs from cold ie. previoiusly unplugged, maintain power overnight and long into the next day, I'm guessing 10 -12 hrs.  I suspect it depends on the age/condition of the capacitor concerned.