xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Ftp Xbox To Xbox On Softmodded Xbox?  (Read 968 times)

marioxb

• Archived User
Avalaunch Ftp Xbox To Xbox On Softmodded Xbox?
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »

Been searching for a while now, with no definitive answer. Not sure exactly where to post this question. Anyway, I've always used Avalaunch's File Manager to FTP from Xbox to Xbox in my and my various friend's chipped Xboxes. Now I am wondering if this feature was somehow disabled on softmodded Xboxes? I've tried softmod to softmod, softmod to chip, etc. I have the lastest (i think) version of avalauch on both Xboxes, bought a new crossover cable, and nothing works. I can ftp using FlashFXP on the computer just fine, but Xbox to Xbox transfer is far more convieninent to me in most cases. I've tried all kinds of IP address combos, even Ava's xbox2xbox auto setting. Any help on this? Thanks.

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

I couldn't get this to work myself. I remember a friend and I being completely stumped while troubleshooting the same issue many years ago --- and we had modchips, not softmods.

I believe there was even an app created specifically for this task and it never worked either  tongue.gif

Well I might try to do a softmod today and do an Xbox to Xbox transfer (using a hub and a couple of ethernet cables rather than a crossover cable). I'll let you know how it goes.

The following probably doesn't apply here but is worth knowing about anyway.

CODE
XBOX Live Block
---------------
All games should be patched with smo's patch to disable Xblive.
All MS dash .xbe's should be patched to block the network completely,
stopping dash updates which the first patch does not.
Please note that this last patch effects all .xbe's with the same titleID as the
MS dash. So if you are working on an MS dash mod (thc, blackstormx, etc), please
change your titleID if you are including any networking capabilities, such as FTP.

I noticed yesterday that Qwix has an option to change the titleID of the .xbe but... I think this wouldn't matter whatsoever with avalaunch anyway.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »

Don know if this will help but when your transfering info from xbox to xbox and your using a crossover cable, you'll have to set the IP's of both xbox's to Static and then reboot for them to see each other. I'm pretty sure that's the way it goes. If you cant get it to work then you could just go buy a cheap router and connect the xbox's to that and see what happens.