xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio No Video  (Read 128 times)

pxpx

• Archived User
Audio No Video
« on: February 24, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

I’m not sure if this is in the correct forum section or not but here goes. (mods feel free to move this if need be)

I originally had a v1.0 xbox modded with a matrix, I was running an older version of evox and I believe 4977 on the chip.  Everything was fine.  My son destroys everything he touches, and it has come to pass that he killed the xbox. (don’t ask)  I have now bought a new one v1.3 and fitted it with an x2 2.3b lite plus chip.  I flashed the chip with x2 4981.06 installed a new 120 gig hdd. And am in the process of re-backing up my game collection.  I have come across some interesting findings and would like some help explaining them.  I have been out of the scene for a long time.

I got the chip flashed and installed without any problems.  Evox is loaded on and so are my favorite apps.  While I was in the process of copying my game library back to the hdd I game across 2 games that gave me problems on my new machine, but worked fine on the old one. The two games are deathrow, and freedom fighters.  Of my 13 games all of them backed up fine except these 2.  both give me audio but no video.  I’m using the newest version of dvd2xbox 0.5.4 and still no joy.  My in game resets are turned off in evox.  I thought I might be a problem with the region setting.  I’m in Canada.  I checked the setting in evox and the region was set to ntsc region 1, but the game region was set to default.  When I changed the game region to ntsc, nothing worked.  Evox booted but froze at the loading screen before any game loaded.  When I switched it back everything was fine except those 2 games.  I have tried backing up several time and cannot get them to work.  I fear giving them to my son, because if I get them back they will be scratched to hell.  Any clues as to why these 2 games only give my audio and no video no matter what I try.  Why does nothing work when I set the game region to ntsc in evox if that’s the region I’m in.  All my games are back  ups of ntsc retail discs, on an ntsc machine.
I can’t understand why they backed up fine on my old machine and give my problems on the new one.  I’m using the exact same source discs for gods sake, and newer apps.
 <