xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Dashboard Wont Load After Trainer Install  (Read 428 times)

turbo211

• Archived User
Evox Dashboard Wont Load After Trainer Install
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:45:00 AM »

I FTP'd A Bunch of trainers to my C drive. Now there is Like .26 Gb left. Anyway I dont know if that has anything to do with it, But now The dashboard wont load. It just Restarts. So I cant go to the FTP and Remove them. Im trying to get the Boot disk to work with no luck. I looked in the options on X3 Config Live and see an option for Disable CD-Rom Boot. Its Kind of confusing. Do I disable or enable it. Because I dont know if i disable disabling Boot or Enable it. Im lost. If anyone can help me I would Really appriciate it. Thanks

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

Why not just FTP into X3CL?

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

Sorry Im kinda A Noob. I have had my box chipped for six months without any problems so I never really messed around online about it. But now I feel really dumb. What does that mean. Im sorry.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(turbo211 @ Jun 27 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post

Sorry Im kinda A Noob. I have had my box chipped for six months without any problems so I never really messed around online about it. But now I feel really dumb. What does that mean. Im sorry.

FTP from the chip OS (X3 Config screen)

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »

I dont know if it matters but I have Excuter3. Maybe I dont know what im doing, but my Xbox wont connect unless im actually on the dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

Well, Would It work if i was to take out the hard drive, Put the HD in my computer and erase all the trainers I put in? Then put the HD back into the Xbox and assume everything would be fine? I think it would but does anyone know for sure before I tear everything apart

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »

well that didnt work. the computer wouldnt show the HD in my computer. Damnback to where I started

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

So can i get any more suggestions. its been like two weeks without my xbox And im really missing it. what would you guys do.  please  help me

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

...Try to FTP with X3CL
http://x3.bustedchai...m/settings.html

Or download a boot disc (slayers, aid, etc) and try gaining FTP that way. Make sure you are burning the disc as that iso you download, and not just burning that iso onto a data disc.

turbo211

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »

Do i burn the disk as a iso or a udf.  Because  i make my back ups with the udf Format. also it asks if i want to burn it as an image and i put yes.  am i doing this right

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

Did you download a premade iso? If so, you burn it as that iso image.

sumerboard

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »

More than likely you did the same thing I've done twice now... I have a zip file that came with the new xbmc and it has like 1400 trainers in it.  I extracted them and put them into the e:\dashboard\trainers\ folder and thought I'd let evox find them.  For some reason when adding that many (not sure exactly how many) or possibly there are some bad files in that, it seems to send my xbox into a constant rebooting stage right after the white microsoft logo in the beginning comes up and goes away it restarts back to it again... over and over....  Search around for how to hotswap the drive and use a cd that will let you access the xboxhd on your computer and there's a program called xbrowser that will let you go into the hard drive and erase all those trainers without having to completely reload the dash.

dan_plus_o

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »

Hey guys, the other day I too transfered over a BUNCH of trainers to E:\dashboard\trainers. I was attempting to transfer over 1,800 trainers and it failed to transfer 1,700 of them. Now my evox won't boot up.

I used CASH v1.0 to change my dash to UnleashedX and that all worked fine.. But now when I try to change back to Evox using CASH, evox still won't boot. I am not sure if CASH somehow copies all the trainers I had and them puts them back when I try changing back to evox but that is kinda strange.

I am now in the process of downloading "Auto Installer Deluxe" to see if anything in there can help me out. I would just like to be able to get a file browser up and running so I can delete all the trainers.

Does AID have a file browser on it??
If not, does anyone know if you are able to burn XBMC to a disc and then boot up XBMC off the disc?

I would just install UnleashedX then ftp a new evox dash over but I would like to keep all my skins that I have for evox (some of them I have made so I would hate to lose em.. lots of pretty lady ones too that I have no idea how to get again cause the site I got them from is no longer running).

I did try to FTP to the xbox while it was running CASH but I can't change the setting in CASh and I don't know how to FTP to the settings it has as default.

I will try out AID for now and see if that will work. If not I can always use xboxhd (thankfully I have the eeprom so I won't have to hotswap).

This post has been edited by dan_plus_o: Aug 8 2007, 03:46 AM

dan_plus_o

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Alright, I used the file browser in AID to delete all my trainers and now it works..

So if you can still boot burnt discs I would just get AID (or something else with a file browser) and then delete all the trainers.. If you can't boot any burnt discs then I would go the xboxhd way.

And I was right about CASH.. All my skins and trainers were left alone when I changed to UnleashedX, so when I went back to evox it sill wouldn't load because the trainers were still there.

spawnova

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

this is due to bad files wich is like 70% or more in most zip files that have lots of trainers but you can ftp to you xbox right when it says microsoft so theres still a little hope maybe some how freezing the xbox when it says microsoft so you can ftp but thats all i know