xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox Trainers And Hdtv  (Read 157 times)

el_robert

• Archived User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« on: August 16, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

I have had no problems in hd. All my games work fine.

djstylze

• Archived User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

I have the exact same problem now but it just popped up recently.   I run games in 480p but when I turn on the TSR it cuts back to regular (ugly) resolution.

Please help!!

bronkx1

• Archived User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

I have a 65 inch HD and all work fine.I dont think its an hd issue.It sounds like you may have an issue with software.I guess you went into the MS dash and turned on the HD correct?

ChicagoRedwing2b

• Archived User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

I have found through a little experimentation that some games need different settings to allow trainers to work properly.

I use the X2VGA+ to play in HD on my CRT monitor, and I started getting all kinds of small issues.

First off some trainers for newer games may not work normally all the time and it all depends of your MS dash settings, as well as the EvoX Dash settings, and the HD settings.

Let me explain.

I have Burnout 3 and we all know that the current trainers out have not been working for everyone. I was one that could not get it working, until the other night.

I found that the "Use Debug TSR" setting can be set to Yes or No. Set it to NO always.
Next There are 3 other IGR settings. IGR = In Game Reset just incase you did not know

EvoX has three IGR settings that can be each turned on and off.

IGR, FTP, and RD Tools.

IGR has its own setting to turn on and off, and FTP has IGR settings as well, and RD Tools has an IGR settings as well.

Telnet does not have any IGR settings, just its own Yes or No settings.
Telnet I have found to cause some games to fail to boot from EvoX Dashboards when turned on, and some trainers are affected as well, but not sure why really.

DOA Ultimate has been one to cause headaches to just boot the game, let along get any of the trainers to function properly.

Burnout 3 also fails to boot in EvoX at times.

I just did a basic process of elimination to get games and trainers to function.

Burnout 3 trainer has a new version called beta that I found on Maxconsoles list in the trainers forum.

If your trainer is not working, turn off telnet, turn off IGR, for all settings.
Reboot the dashboard. Go to the trainer and set the trainer to on for what one you want on. Reboot the Dash again. And now run the game to see if the trainer works.

If it did not work start again. Turn one of the IGR settings on, and test.
If you go through all IGR settings one at a time , then with 2 one and then all 3 one, and still the trainer fails, you will need to delete the trainer from the Xbox completetly.

Set all IGR settings to NO, telnet to NO, and Debug to NO.
Set region to Auto, and reboot.
Make sure the Burnout game boots normally. if your using HD and make sure if your using HD to turn on widesceen as Burnout 3 uses Widescreen and may not boot under normal screen at time.

Now FTP into your Xbox the Burnout 3 Beta Trainer, I found it at:
http://forums.maxcon...hp?postid=20422

FTP this one back to the trainers folder.
Reboot the box and turn the trainer on, reboot the xbox and then boot the Burnout 3 game.

I was able to get the trainer working after I did this and turned all IGR settigns off, turn Telnet off and left TSR off.

But I found that DOA Ultimate will not work now with these settings, and requires one or more IGR to be turned on, and maybe telnet turned on also.

Also one important thing I found out last night while screwing with these issues.
If you have the Xbox connected to the internet and Xbox Live, you will have problems. Burnout 3 and DOA Ultimate both seem to screw with settings and have booting issues when the Xbox can connect to Live and the chip is running. They both try to update the MS dash and Live Dash on boot up.

Once unplugged the network cable from my Xbox I was able to boot the games fine and trainers working in HD.

dootdoo

• Archived User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

For compatibility you may want to try the latest evox, and start with a fresh ini file (and your tweaks to it, don't keep the old one).  current versions of evox have three settings for tsr (off, normal, debug), and only one igr setting.  I recommend that people run tsr in normal, with everything but ftp turned off.  Some games are picky about if the region is set to auto, or not.

For those of you with serious issues, or perfer other dashes - that have an x-chip, you can configure the trainers on that, and skip all the settings crap.. =)

darth_jarret

• Recovered User
Evox Trainers And Hdtv
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

If your MS DASH video setting is widescreen and the game you are trying to play (with a trainer) doesnt support widescreen (ala fable) then evow will freeze.  so if you have your xbox set to widescreen try changing it back to normal.