xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Debug Tsr / Evox Trainer Help  (Read 191 times)

kingsfan41

• Archived User
Debug Tsr / Evox Trainer Help
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

I installed the latest evox dash and believe I understand how this works. Once I do the three value searches it will output the memory addresses where all 3 values were present, thus resulting in the address I am looking for.

Using TMNT as an example, I did this to find the number of continues, got an address, then used to poke to change the value and it appears to be working fine. Great!

Now I tried the same method to find the Shurikens in TMNT as well as search for the Pain Killers in Max Payne 2 and when I try to POKE the common addresses, the values do not change.

Is my understanding of how this works correct? If so, any ideas why the POKE is not working? Last (related to this specific question), What does the check <VALUE>:<VALUE> mean?

Now the harder question. Since I have the continue address in TMNT, what do I need to do to change one of the sample sources to make an official trainer? While there is a lot of common code, I do not know what changes I need to make. It also looks like they check/verify the default.xbe to make sure it is the right game using an ID but where would I obtain that ID from?

So, anyone who has made their own official trainer, can you provide any insight on what to do after you obtain the memory addresses? I would like to make and share this (and any future trainers I come up with) but right now I am stuck and have not been able to find any information on this anywhere.

Thanks!