xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Toshiba Sd-5002  (Read 234 times)

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« on: December 25, 2002, 02:31:00 PM »

I just bougth a 50-pack of wite-top princos, i tried to burn 5 of them, and 2 are recognized as audio the other 3 as No Disk, i know im not making mistakes burning, cause if i burn the same data in the same way to a verbatim DVD-RW it works without problems.

Its the Media the problem?, or there is a new firmware for the toshiba to support this media, im using Fw version 1031, i have burned succesfully on other types of DVD-R even some pricos a friend gave to me a while ago, but they were more darker.

Thank and sorry about my bad english.

Ohh i almost forgot, i tried bot GDFImage and UDF data on Record Now Max 4.5, both work ok with the Verbatim DVD-RW but not on the Princos DVD-R, my xbox has a Samsung DVD SDG-605

See ya

This post has been edited by ruffles_x: Dec 27 2002, 05:54 PM

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 05:11:00 PM »

any idea?

this is the media i used, i verified the manufacturer ID

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=41

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 06:23:00 AM »

yesterday i tried a diferent brand od DVD-Rs Ritek: http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=10

i get the same results, i cant write anything not even in udf, the burner itself isnt recognses the dvd.

so i need your opinion its my DVD-burner Faulty?

It can write CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW perfectly thats why im not so sure, and i already made like 10 dvd-r coasters

Thanks

This post has been edited by ruffles_x: Dec 27 2002, 05:53 PM

zerpp

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2002, 10:07:00 AM »

huuu, no my friend, it's the mouse, yes it is  :lol:

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2002, 04:21:00 PM »

ok, after your overwelming response, i decided to take my burner back to the store, they said they will check it, and if faulty they will give me a new one.

ruffles_x

• Archived User
Toshiba Sd-5002
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

ok, i have an update, i dont think you are really interested on this after all the replays this tread got.

today i got my new burner anther SD-R5002, it works perfectly, 5 of 5 dvds no coaster yet.

so it is possible that a dvd burner that writes every other format right can make faulty disks of one in particular (like DVD-R here), beware.