xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xiso Version 1.1.0.0  (Read 233 times)

xboxrox

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« on: December 17, 2002, 11:48:00 PM »

has anyone encountered problems with xiso version 1.1.0.0 i researched the forums and tutorials and this prog. seems to get bashed, but that was for earlier versions...if this has been asked before dont roast me as i am as noooob as they get to this scene... biggrin.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 11:58:00 PM »

Newest version is best yet... just not good enough.

If you are serious about making XBOX backups that will WORK... and be reliable... consider reading the PINNED GUIDE.

Schmo

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 03:08:00 PM »

I use XISO to extract ISOs and use the IsoMaker to construct them.   XISO does seem to be much faster on the extract and all the problems that people have been having with XISO seem to be with the ISO creation.

iam

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 03:46:00 PM »

I use Xiso only to extract ISOs...

There is no point into making ISO file IMHO...

Use RecordNowMax and burn in data mode, UDF 8+3 format....

b0ink

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 04:08:00 PM »

I'd use xdfsextract to extract the iso's.  I xISO is really buggy.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 08:10:00 PM »

use XISO to extract ISOs and use the IsoMaker to construct them. XISO does seem to be much faster on the extract and all the problems that people have been having with XISO seem to be with the ISO creation.

If you are a hardcore PIRATE KIDDIE.. and download images from various sources... and do enough experimentation... you will find that XISO doesn't always reproduce(extract) files properly from downloaded files.

If you find an ISO that will ONLY OPEN with XISO.. by all means use it (what choice do you have?)

I can only give you my findings and my experience.  I have considerable funds.. and time invested in this scene.  Some people have differing views on programs and methods.. and are welcome to it.

When I first jumped in... XISO.. and the XISO guides posted here were the way to go.  That quickly changed... as many found that backups made with XISO involved in the process found bugs, errors, glitches, files in WRONG directories.. files MISSING, etc.  Many of these problems appear to have been cleaned up...  but I can still reproduce many errors with XISO today with Todays most current versions from YURSOFT that I had with pre v0.73 versions.

Shortly... I'll be adding what will likely be the FINAL additions to the PINNED GUIDE.  I've been happy with the Number of Converts who have jumped on the GDF'd ISO bandwagon...  but the constant fight to continue the crusade to educate and disspell misinformation has become increasingly time consuming.

It's become increasingly hard to tell people to NOT use XISO.. and to IGNORE the Posted XISO guides.. as they are outdated... and somewhat irrelevant now.  Newer methods exist...  I've documented them.. yet the GUIDE still resides in only the forum.. and not as a true TUTORIAL.  (despite having mailed HTML and DOC versions to this site)

For those that have found solutions to their problems burning backups by reading the guide... you are welcome.  For others...  I'll leave you with this... You can lead a Horse to Water... but you can't make it drink.

Schmo

• Archived User
Xiso Version 1.1.0.0
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 06:53:00 AM »

Well, all I can state is that I have extracted about 60+ titles using XISO and have had absolutely no problems.  I have not used XISO to reconstruct ISOs, I use GDFImage for that.

I guess everyone has different experiences.  For example:

I have had no problems extracting with XISO on tons of ISOs, others have.
I have had no problems with MenuX with over 40 burns, others have.
I have had no problems with Cheap media and using ISOs, others have.
I have had no problems with the Matrix, others have had crap loads.

Wow, maybe I am just special.... at least that is what my mother told me when I was young.  laugh.gif

I guess there is really no solid answer to all of these things... alot are preference and different experiences.   Once i find something that works, I typically stay with it although you did convert me from UDF to ISOs, especially after I saw the load time difference on Burnout.   Many others don't show much improvement but does seem to keep the thrashing down.

Anyway, I don't think either of us are wrong....  it seems that based on hardware, software versions, etc... many people have slightly different experiences.   All I can post is my experience and what has worked for me.

I guess I am the horse that isn't drinking the water again. tongue.gif