xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Better Osx .iso Tool...  (Read 248 times)

Kaiam

• Archived User
A Better Osx .iso Tool...
« on: December 09, 2002, 04:01:00 PM »

...is available here.

It features drag and drop operation, standard Open/Save Dialog and complete background operation.

I sent this as a submission this morning along with notes from the ReadMe, but I guess since I'm not from a l33t gr00p or something it was ignored, or mistaken for the software already submitted ;)

Anyway if you're on OSX user and you want an easy Mac tool for building Xbox .iso's, check it out.

Oh yeah...instead of fighting with VPC and FlashFXP, try NetFinder for your ftp needs. Set it to PORT mode and it works like a dream :)

-Kaiam                                      

Damien

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »

hej. I need to know what program i should use for burning my xb-bacups on my mac. I have macos 9x. I have a DVD-ram 4.7 (internal) on my G4.

Tanx
/damein                                    

This post has been edited by Damien: Dec 11 2002, 11:06 AM

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 05:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (Damien @ Dec 11 2002, 05:58 AM)
hej. I need to know what program i should use for burning my xb-bacups on my mac. I have macos 9x. I have a DVD-ram 4.7 (internal) on my G4.

Tanx
/damein

DVD-RAM won't do snot for you when it comes to Xbox backups.

You need a DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive.                                    

elduque

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 12:28:00 PM »

Thanks! This is just what I've been waiting for. Just one problem though. I've only been able to make one iso so far. Now when I try to make an iso, it just tells me that the iso was made (forgot the exact wording) but no iso is really created. It only takes a few seconds after pressing "Start" to get this. I've tried it with a few different backups but still nothing.

I'm running 10.2.2 on a G4.

And again thank you for providing this much needed utility. It's nice to know I'm not alone trying to do this stuff on a Mac.                                    

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 11 2002, 07:39 AM)
DVD-RAM won't do snot for you when it comes to Xbox backups.

You need a DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive.

AFAIK, most if not all DVD-RAM drives also write to DVD-R, albeit slowly.