xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burning Evox Iso To Cd-rw  (Read 313 times)

grider

• Archived User
Burning Evox Iso To Cd-rw
« on: November 18, 2002, 11:57:00 PM »

I'm having problems. I try burning an evox iso to a cd-rw with easy cd creator 5.0 and it doesn't work in my xbox. I'm sure that my xbox reads cd-rws because it did before. What's the proper why of burning the iso to cd-rw?

Thanks

grider

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 12:18:00 AM »

What's the proper why of burning the iso to cd-rw?

<sp> way... :)

I'd recommend Not using the Adaptec Software.. even if it came bundled with your equipment.

Assuming the original EVOX Iso is okay, uses RECORDNOW Max or PrimoDVD to burn it.  Worst case situation use NERO.

To make sure the ISO is good...  use tools like XDFS Extractor to pull the files out of it, and GDFIMAGE and/or ISOMAKER 1.1 to rebuild. Then burn with recommended software above.

Mshake

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2002, 02:47:00 AM »

hmm hsdemonz...what u mean when u said "worst case scenario" use NERO? ... :)

i have nero, prassi as well as recordnow max...comes with all the cd-rw and dvd-rw drives that i got...and sometimes...using which programs depends on my mood etc etc LOL

i have been burning with all of them ....but frankly speaking i do not know which one IS indeed BETTER than the rest?...or i just find them all working perfectly for me..

any suggestions?.....someone tell me which one IS actually BETTER?..or they all the same...

most of the threads here recommends recordnow max though...but ur thoughts on NERO as a worst case scenario interests me

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 03:53:00 AM »

Nero. worst case scenario.. :)   bit extreme I guess...

How about this...  It is the general consensus that RecordNowMax (and earlier versions like PrimoDVD) are the best tools for the job.  However, if you want to use NERO.. and it works reliably for YOU while burning XBOX ISO's, then by all means use it.

When I slithered into the scene...  the choice at the time were Prassi PrimoDVD and Nero.  On the same media, using the same premastering tools... Primo produced the better burn.  On Re-Read tests disks burned with it simply burned more reliably.  Also... Nero's update have been mostly to include new Burners...  whereas the PXengine updates include fine tuning for actual burning.  RecordNowMax simply improved on the original PrimiDVD.  (and improved support for the Pioneer burners)

Course, this is ALL with ISO burning.  UDF burning I'm not fond of, whether it is for XBOX.. or PC.  I try to steer most away from it.

I have no personal Bias against NERO.  I still use it for VCD and SVCD burning, and is my preferred tool for such burning at the moment.

I'm developing a TUTORIAL.. hopefully Xantium will post it on X-S.  It is a comprehensive guide, to Building ISO, extracting ISO, and Burning (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, CDRW, and yes CDR) with the leading software.

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 03:57:00 AM »

it also loads better if u put a dummy file of around 600MB depending on size of ur cd-rw cause xbox reads from outside in                                    

Mshake

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2002, 08:25:00 AM »

hmm thanks for the explanation,...

maybe it's my preference to nero since i begin burning with it long long long time ago :) ... i uses all three that i have though...

Yeah keep on the tutorial ...sounds great ....especially with all these people here are always asking about xiso, iso, gdf*** or whatever and how to burn this and that.....

it's just a bit annoying when all these tutorials are available, no one reads them thoroughly enough.. i find myself when i first went into modding scene with the dreamcast...browing through usenets, irc, forums etc etc ...just in search for TUTORIALS!...and yes i am grateful to all those people who put in time and effort to writing these !

*remember people!!!*.... those who have written tutorials didn't get what they wanted to do successfully the first time around!...it's been hell for them before they finally taste the fruits of success ! and do appreciate them...

cheers
:beer: