xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats The Best Dvd Burner?  (Read 356 times)

rafiki

• Archived User
Whats The Best Dvd Burner?
« on: November 06, 2002, 08:21:00 PM »

why did you pick that kind of dvd burner?

whats the best software for it?

whats the best media for that type?

how is it for ripping movies?

let the bragging begin lets see whats under the hood!!!!!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 09:28:00 PM »

biggrin.gif ) and some others.  a well rounded suite.

Media...  All DVD-R and DVD-RW work flawlessly.  I like the cheap stuff myself.  love.gif

Ripping or burning movies???  Burned movies work great.  Many (most) would never fit on a single DVD-R, so I'm stuff either ditching features/extras, or using tools to SPAN to 2 DVD'R. (I'd prefer removing features... who cares what the directors thought of the costume departments.. smile.gif

Pioneer A04 Rules!  'Nuff Said.  Close the Poll!  Nothing to see here folks.  Course... some might like the <cough> Sony Dribble Burner <cough>  muhaha.gif

plehem12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 10:05:00 PM »

my Pioneer is the shit. over 80 games and a bunch of movies will show you! i use RecordNow DX to burn everything onto Princo DVD-R. works everytime. i have yet to get a bad disc. i always burn in UDF mode. everybody should have a pioneer and then we could all be happy. biggrin.gif

mr_sqrl

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 04:47:00 PM »

Back when PS2 mods 1st started coming out I picked up a Pioneer A03 for like $260!  I love it.  Burns Gamez, Flicks, etc... perfect every time with ALL kinds of media (my fav. is Apple brand DVD-R).  

If you are serious about DVD Burning there is no question.. PIONEER A0x is the way to go :D

luma

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 08:21:00 AM »

sure to start a flame war here, but if you're really serious about burning everything under the sun, the sony 500 is definately the way to go.  now that more software supports the drive (and i'm not stuck with the horrible recordnow lite software they ship), there's nothing it won't burn.  powerburn keeps you from making coasters, and it burns cd-r's at 24x.  if you are serious about DVD Burning there is no question.. Sony 500 is the way to go  biggrin.gif

recombinator

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (luma @ Nov 16 2002, 05:21 PM)
sure to start a flame war here, but if you're really serious about burning everything under the sun, the sony 500 is definately the way to go.  now that more software supports the drive (and i'm not stuck with the horrible recordnow lite software they ship), there's nothing it won't burn.  powerburn keeps you from making coasters, and it burns cd-r's at 24x.  if you are serious about DVD Burning there is no question.. Sony 500 is the way to go  biggrin.gif

Same here....the Sony rocks. Not a single coaster after 30 burns. I'm killing Princo's here!!  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

--

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2002, 12:20:00 AM »

huh.gif is there is any way to burn dvd movies or to backup one...plz tell me who to do it plz....

plehem12

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2002, 01:58:00 AM »

no, they are called dvd burner but there is no way to burn a dvd. yes of course you can burn dvd movies. dvd2dvdr.com is the place to go.

dapoopta

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2002, 09:43:00 PM »

my pioneer rox cuz it was $100 :-). oh and it never fucked up on me once!

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002, 07:04:00 AM »

That's pretty cheap...was it an A04 or an A03?