xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: HOW TO BURN GAME FILES  (Read 447 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« on: June 21, 2002, 04:31:00 PM »

I downloaded Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3...and its like 30 files...how do i burn em onto a cd...just go to nero and burn em as a data cd...ive heard something about setting a mode?! how do i do that?                    

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 05:55:00 PM »

Nope, those are called RAR files.  You need to download WinRAR 3.0 (I believe you can get it at winrar.com) and unrar them first.  It is like a volume of books that makes one full story.  You need to 'unrar' the volume back into one iso.  Then in Nero click file>Burn Image>select the iso> then under the burn tab in Nero check the 'Disc  at Once' mode box and burn away!                    

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 07:00:00 PM »

Quote (4NIC8TOR @ Jun 21 2002, 03:48 PM)
Nope, those are called RAR files.  You need to download WinRAR 3.0 (I believe you can get it at winrar.com) and unrar them first.  It is like a volume of books that makes one full story.  You need to 'unrar' the volume back into one iso.  Then in Nero click file>Burn Image>select the iso> then under the burn tab in Nero check the 'Disc  at Once' mode box and burn away!

i still can't get my iso to burn with nero (5.5.8.2)                    

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 07:03:00 PM »

damn, that's strange.  They've all worked great for me                    

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 02:37:00 AM »

hrm.... what error do u get when u try??? if its too big, your out of luck...                    

Tommatt

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2002, 11:03:00 AM »

Wrong section.  

Moved to DVD/CD Burning                    

Nichademus

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2002, 02:54:00 PM »

Yeah, I got that same problem with THPS3!  I unrared it to reveal 26 new files, that is all they consist of, but they all appear to be iso's.  How do I combine them to make one iso?!  I am unable to even get primo dvd to recognize them on any media, let alone, boot?! :angry:                    

spam

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 10:21:00 AM »

what do the files end with? are they like.. .001 .002 .003 .004 cus if they are they are rar files too.. why fdont u open winrar and select all the files at once and click extract...it might extract them into 1 file...                    

Duece

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 01:57:00 PM »

Quote (Nichademus @ Jun 23 2002, 03:47 PM)
Yeah, I got that same problem with THPS3!  I unrared it to reveal 26 new files, that is all they consist of, but they all appear to be iso's.  How do I combine them to make one iso?!  I am unable to even get primo dvd to recognize them on any media, let alone, boot?! mad.gif

You may not be unraring correctly.  WHat you have to do is find the one file out of the bunch that has either .RAR or .001 as it's extension, open it up using WinRAR and extract it to a folder.  It will automatically process all files needed to extract the ISO fully.   unsure.gif

Hammy

• Archived User
HOW TO BURN GAME FILES
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2002, 04:08:00 AM »

sad.gif

I have downloaded about 30 cd versions of games and i find that i need 80 minute blanks to burn them onto.

Note 2. If you unrar your downloaded games and you do NOT end up with an iso them you can not burn that game.

Also if you try to unrar your files and you get a crc error on all files them you are using the wrong version of winrar and you need winrar version 3

Good luck guys

laugh.gif