xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who Can Wait For January 5th When The Next Xbox  (Read 1647 times)

dmb062082

• Archived User
Who Can Wait For January 5th When The Next Xbox
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

Comes out with a nifty preview. What do you think we will find?

I am guessing an almost exact launch date given, very close mock up design to the final product, A list of quite a few working titles, most of the console features, and possibly a few game play videos with a possible game demo, i honestly do not think we will see any demos untill  e3.

Any other thoughts of january 5th

P.S. I am sick of browsing the forum with a proxy, is it fair to get your i.p. banned on the forums because you spoke of football and turkey on thanksgiving day?  Recived a ban in the chat for doing so, then proceeded to insult the admin who banned?

Does that warrant a IP ban on the forums? I think not, it just shows that hsdemonz is around the age of 16 and is not getting any puss. I would bet on it.

hsdemonz: no talking ABOUT FOOTBALL OR THANKSGIVING, ARRRRG HOW DARE YOU DO SO ON THANKSGIVING, I GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU BITCH.....and dont try to do anything about it, I AM GOD.

BANNED MOTHER FUCKER

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

lol, hsdemonz tore him up.

but to stay on subject, i think the xbox² or whatever they are calling it wont be that great, with no hdd, its just a ps2  tongue.gif

meh_33333

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

i heard they are making like 3 versions....one without a hardrive, one with a hardrive, and one like a media center or somethin like that

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

i heard they are making like 3 versions....one without a hardrive, one with a hardrive, and one like a media center or somethin like that

I get same info

itsmee129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

xbox2 comes out janurary 5?????????

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

yeah wth you people talking about there is no january 5th release or public showing or official announcement

not that i have neard anyways.

care to share where you get your supposed January 5th.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Dec 21 2004, 11:29 AM)
lol, hsdemonz tore him up.

but to stay on subject, i think the xbox² or whatever they are calling it wont be that great, with no hdd, its just a ps2  :P

check your facts again

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

Wow.  People don't keep up.

January 5th is the CES Show in Vegas.  Bill Gates is the keynote speaker and all the media is saying that's when Gates is supposed to officially announce the XBox 2.

We'll find out the official name, logo, and a target release date.  (Something like Holidays 05, or Q4 05)

The three XBox thing is bogus in my opinion.  But we'll find out soon enough.

xionanx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Dec 22 2004, 10:00 AM)
Wow.  People don't keep up.

January 5th is the CES Show in Vegas.  Bill Gates is the keynote speaker and all the media is saying that's when Gates is supposed to officially announce the XBox 2.

We'll find out the official name, logo, and a target release date.  (Something like Holidays 05, or Q4 05)

The three XBox thing is bogus in my opinion.  But we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, the 3 XBOX things IS bogus... I'd like to track down the "originator" of that rumor and find out what his/her source is..  I'm willing to bet the source was "his uncle who was skiing up on Mt. Anderson and ran into a drunk M$ exec who said that his buddy on the M$ Xbox dev team told him that they were working on three designs"...

Ie..  BS.. or misinterpreted info.. "yeah, were currently working on three different versions of the console to see which one works the best.. and then release that one to the public"..  Mr. Reporter says "well, that doesn't sound to news worthy, everyone already knows they are working on it.. hmm, I know, I'll just say "they are currently working on three different versions of the console".. that ambigous enough to sound like a story while at the same time isn't outright lieing.  BRILLIANT!!"

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »

i hate the idea of 3 different types

TOMDOM69

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

I'M HOPING FOR...............

1.   THE NAME

2.   A PICTURE OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

3.   A RELEASE DATE

4.   A FEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

5.   A VIDEO OR TWO

THEN I WANT ALL THE GAME DEVELOPERS TO BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT THEIR GAMES AND GET ME MORE AND MORE HYPED UNTIL THE DAY IT COMES OUT.

TOMDOM69

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

A PRICE WOULD BE NICE ALSO

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

what about a hard drive?

TOMDOM69

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(chilin_dude @ Dec 22 2004, 07:29 PM)
what about a hard drive?

CHECK MY SIG

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

ahhh CES

well dont look for too big of an announcement or a big show, the console is a long ways off.
hell the ps3 video chip isnt even done yet and wont be for another year.

the xbox lifespan could last another 3 years easy. and MS would be stupid to put out another one within the next 2 years.

for mr gates to announce it,, ok maybe,  but to go further,, bah  i dont think he will put himself into any type of a situation where he gives it a name.
and probably concept art or video of a demo run on an SGI machine is what we could see.

full hardware specs,, hhmm  i dont forsee him saying even that, the xbox 2 is too green yet, pardon the pun, to list specs would be foolish,, they could change and very well may change within the next year.

as for the 3 different models,,  uhm i have read a large number of legitimate articles saying the same thing.  not just bullcrap from bob's neighbors uncles dog's owner's best friend's mistress who happen to wait on bill gates in a restaurant.

but if in fact MS has come out and said "we never said anything about the 3 different versions" then ok,,  but also realise, MS and many other companies are trying to push for the move to a home theater pc or electronic home.
so to say they wouldnt make an xbox thats more of a home theater,, well,,  i for one can see them doing it.
Pages: [1] 2