xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Do You Think This Beast Will Look Like..  (Read 2055 times)

yagoogaly

• Archived User
What Do You Think This Beast Will Look Like..
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »

not to start a flame war...but it clearly states under my image where it came from....obviously not my hdd....

SpookieStylez

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

I thought this was supposed to be about what the next xbox will look like....not who's a fucking moron!?!

Xbox2 will no doubt be alot smaller and probally have a option to have a hdd or not(shipped without)sorta like ps2....thats nice and shit the m$ wants to please all the fuckers overseas w/ the smaller x2 but i say leave it the same size..maybe new design(maybe vertical tower of some sort) and leave the harddrive..and beef that fucker up like a hemi

xionanx

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

The XBOX could easily be as small as the current PS2.  Everything that the XBOX has, the PS2 has space for or already has in it.  The design decision on the XBOX didn't factor in "stupid" people who seem to think an extra inch makes it TOO BIG.

Regardless, I believe the Xenon/XBOX 2 will be smaller, and other then a few small design differences will be very similar the the first.

For instance:

4 USB Ports in place of "Controller" ports (this just makes sense)

1 Expansion slot per controller instead of 2 (almost nobody used both at the same time.  They may get rid of the slots entirely)

Moving the White and Black buttons to the shoulders, bringing the controller 1 step closer to being just like a PS2 controller.

Top Loading DVD (a top loading drive would save a little space)

There will be some form of internal storage (not including it would break XBOX Live updates:  I'm leaning towards the smaller notebook drives myself)

Backwards compatable (I KNOW M$ is working thier ass off to make it backwards compatable, so it would surprise me if it isn't.  They know that it was a tremendous selling point for the PS2 and would be fools at least not TRY)

Color Scheme will probably remain black & green (perhaps black and blue if you consider the "sceenshots" of the SDK to be any indication)

If I had any artistic ability I would attempt to render what I see in my head, but alas I dont.

John,Spartan-117

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

haha top loading drive? have u seen the dreamcast yea that thing when over like a lead brick.

Anhaedra

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (John,Spartan-117 @ Dec 3 2004, 09:19 PM)
haha top loading drive? have u seen the dreamcast yea that thing when over like a lead brick.

Have you seen the Playstation? That thing sold horribly too...  rolleyes.gif

xionanx

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

Like I said, the top loading drive would be done to save a "little" space.  Yes, a sliding tray does make more sense from a "home theater" perspective.  Being that M$ is driving to make the XBOX the center of the digital livingroom, they probably will use a sliding tray..  I probably should have thought about that.

xionanx

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (asjeep @ Dec 8 2004, 09:11 PM)
dont forget about the new pstwo, that top loader must be a huge reason nto to buy them (sarcasm) they are flying off the shelves......

best bet it will have a hd, but will be a laptop sized one to make the xbox smaller....  

4 usb ports in front
2 usb ports in back
integrated dvd playback IR
gigabit ethernet port
256 mb of ram (i would prefer 512 or better)
integrated 802.11a,b or g wifi
live communicator built into the controller
hd ready

if they really wanted to impress me the controlelrs would be wireless though

Hmmm.. I thought we were talking about what we think it will have, not what we want it to have laugh.gif

Heh.. in that case I'd like to build on that idea:

80GB+ HDD
1GB+ RAM
Gigabit ethernet port
802.11G Wireless Networking (anything less isn't good enough)
2 USB Ports in the front, 2 in the back  (not to be used for controllers, but for things like USB Video Cam, Keyboard, Mouse, etc.)
Integrated 2.4GHZ(or Bluetooth) DVD Playback w/Remote (lets face it, IR is lame)
HDTV Tuner Built In
HD DVD + DVD Support
2.4GHZ(or Bluetooth) Wireless Controllers with Live Communicator built in(place switch on controller for player 1-4 to prevent signal crossing.  Anyone who has ever tried using more then one wireless controller at a time knows what I'm talking about)
Come Pre-Installed with Windows MCE(Media Center Edition)

I would GLADLY pay $1,000 for a dedicated home theater console with the above specs.  Of course we wont get anything nearly that cool, but a person can wish.

the-real

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

@Anhaedra...dude that was great they all thought it was pics of xenon and they got a dick!!...i dont care about you people flame me but that was great

quieter and smaller i like but no hdd wtf
Pages: 1 2 [3]