xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone Know What Type Of Media Xbox 2 Games Have?  (Read 842 times)

nightwulf28

• Archived User
Anyone Know What Type Of Media Xbox 2 Games Have?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

DaRk_ArTiST

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

ohmy.gif

this is all speculation but the mere existence of such a disc means that future game developers could mean that the games of the future are limited only by the developer's imagination. Imagine what this could mean for the next-gen xbox! biggrin.gif

i for one can't wait to know if this is true  biggrin.gif

necrodiety

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »

I can't imagine why they would need a terabyte for a game.  I mean, most games don't even go over 7 gigs.

I think they'll stay with 9gb DVD's.  They are getting cheaper and cheaper to make and the drives are cheap.  By the time developers are ready for more than 9 gbs of data, Xbox3 will be out.

Trisman

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (necrodiety @ Oct 11 2004, 06:41 PM)
I can't imagine why they would need a terabyte for a game.  I mean, most games don't even go over 7 gigs.

I think they'll stay with 9gb DVD's.  They are getting cheaper and cheaper to make and the drives are cheap.  By the time developers are ready for more than 9 gbs of data, Xbox3 will be out.

That's essentially what Nintendo said when they decided to make discs with only 1.5GB of space.  I think a next-gen disc will be needed, especially near the end of xenon's cycle.
Pages: 1 [2]