xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Halo3 ? Or Not  (Read 2884 times)

iwinulose

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

smile.gif

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

sad.gif  ph34r.gif

blackchild1101

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (joseph_hac @ Jul 24 2004, 05:35 AM)
You smoke crack. You don't inject it.

Ahh spoken like a true Crack Head!

lordvader129

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

you mean dont all just light crack bonfires in your living room and fill the whole house?

blackchild1101

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

I remeber reading a while back that Halo 3 was planned as one of the launch titles for the new Xenon / Xbox 2.

As for story I'm pretty sure Bungie has a LOT of good ideas for the Halo 3. The big  question is the gameplay. Will there be a big enough difference in Halo 3's gameplay to make it worthy of a sequal.

fredmoreno42

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

i dont realy know anything about a halo 3, but im just waitin for halo2 to come out, its gonna b the coolest thing since sliced bread

MiL0

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (polyesterjones @ Jul 28 2004, 02:33 AM)
No I haven't even ever used crack, though I know you can smoke it as well as inject it.  When first marketed as a "a valuable brain-tonic and cure for all nervous afflictions," it was generally injected.  Until about 1915, it could be bought over-the-counter.  

Then, as injecting recreational drugs became more and more of a taboo, a smoke-able form was made.

that's cocaine mate

oside

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

I'd be happy if they made an expansion pack/disc w/just new levels for multiplayer. Still think that's what they should have done to hold us off while we've waited (& waited) for Halo 2.

zot23

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

I have a crazy idea, let's play Halo 2 and see where the story goes before we decide if there will be a Halo 3 or not.  Saying absolutely not is like saying Star Wars would absolutely not have a third movie after Empire Strikes Back because everything was tapped.  Obviously from watching Empire there was no way in hell that there couldn't be another Star Wars movie.  It was begging for Jedi to wrap it all up.

Halo could be the same way.  Don't believe me?  Here's a three game storyline that would knock you on your @sses:

Halo 1: Well, we know this one.

Halo 2: MC returns to Earth where the Covs are attacking.  After landing and fighting the covs a bit, he discovers that Earth is a nexus of Forerunner technology and has some sort of connection to a much more sinister and evil plot to scrouge our galaxy of all life (ala their Flood in H1.)  The Covenant have been trying to stop this plan from happening, we just happened to get in their way.  Cortana is actually an evil agent AI for this Forerunner plan and she manuveured the Pillar of Autumn into landing on the original Halo in order to remove a malfunctioning other AI (343 Guilty Spark.)  Her mission complete and the needed information/materials (flood) retreived from Halo, she brings MC back to Earth to complete the plan.  She opens a gate to another dimension and the Forerunners (or their servants) arrive and begin genociding Earth.  The Covenant reveal that they have their own AI lifted from ancient technology that has driving them on the last few decades.  Earth, MC, and the Covs team up to close this hole, end the war, and save themselves.  MC kills Cortana (or sends her back) and the galaxy is saved.

Halo 3:  After a period of peace and understanding, the Cov/Earth alliance learns that the Fores are going to launch a new overpowering assault.  They decide to reopen the gate and take the fight to the Forerunners instead of waiting for death.  They either convince MC to fight again or you are cast as a new "super" cyborg with all the best Cov/Earth tech.  After being flung through the gate, the mission is a disaster and it is up to you (and the ancient AI) to shut the Forerunners down for good.  Throughout the game you run across more and more technology that transforms MC into a super-being.  You discover the Forerunners implanted humans on Earth to care for the eventual gate opening (after the flood) but that the plan had gone awry and humans lost their path.  You face all the servants at their disposal and finally implode the Fore super weapon on themsleves (with the help of the last remaining Cov/Earth troops), wiping out their entire universe, all the Forerunners, and saving our universe in the process.

See, three games no problem...

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

nvm!  Halo 3 Definatly

xFusioNx

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

And what exactly was "sub-par" about the PC port of Halo?

(Aside from the ridiculously unbalanced fuel rod noob canon and the completely useless in a large map flame thrower.)

Other than those few shortcomings, the game is just as superb as the xbox version. The textures are much better, the visuals are even better and the frame rate is also perfect with all the eyecandy. Oh and plus you can play 16 players online instead of 4 the hacked way.

DCT

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Its very possible that a Halo 3 could come about.
Reading all the books, and knowing what will happen at the beginning of the game (if all stays the same as the book)
Halo 2 may not be long enough to complete the story. Anything is possible though.
If anyone has read First Strike they should know that doctor Halsey and Kelly have left somewhere. (could be to get the spartan 3's preped)
Halo 1 only focused on Halo 04 and their are more Halo's that the Forerunner made.
The flood still exsist. The orb the covenant were after got destroyed by a marine.
They still have a motive; its not to kill MC (that was Halo 1, with Zuka Zammame(an elite)).

Halo 3 would be way beyond the other 2 games. I don't know you all can't see what I can see but Halo 3 would make every FPS crawl at its feet.

The story of Halo is not about MC John 117. Its about a war between Covenant and Humans.
The spartans are used to balance the playing field between both sides. Also Halo is not about one main character. MC may die, Cortana may die. Example of this is Keys, over 50 dead spartans, Forehammer, Sam.
Its just to many good ppl dieing. I believe that Bungie will keep a good story going and break away from most action based games that have a HERO and that hero wins. They may have MC to die in the story to give you since of real life and not a fairy tale. Some of the greatest HERO'S were KIA (killed in action). John is a great leader annd his team is willing to die for him and he is willing to die for them.

I love Halo can't you tell.

Maybe my beliefs will never come. If their isn't a Halo 3, Halo 2 will not end the story. Either a book or a movie will. But a movie is way off. The ppl. at bungie have been working LONG hours on Halo and Halo 2, they need a break after 8 yrs.

I hope that what have said helps ease some tension.
For real I don't care if there is a Halo 3 or not I just want to play videogames until I die.

One more thing Bungie can make atleast 7 games and not stretch the story. Trust me on this one; when Halo 3 is being made the animators will be in HEAVEN and being that hi, they will have limitless possibilities.
EX. Kelly being my favorite spartan; Kelly had one scene in First Strike where she was running and at her hi speed she was kicking up giant plate's from the floor when she was on Reach. Just that alone and with the covenant attacks would be heaven for an animator to create on a new console. (Read the book and be amazed)

N.T

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Other than those few shortcomings, the game is just as superb as the xbox version. The textures are much better, the visuals are even better and the frame rate is also perfect with all the eyecandy. Oh and plus you can play 16 players online instead of 4 the hacked way.

The port was sub-par due to the unusually large system requirements to play this game in complete fluidity.  MS had even acknowledged this and presented a number of patches aimed at fixing just this with mixed success.  The fact that this game, published in 2001, requires 9800xt's and 6800's to run even at a solid 30fps is sub-par.  You don't have to take my word for it though.  Visit HardOCP.com for an extensive hardware evaluation of this game.  The poor port comes part in partial to its inability to properly utilize full-blown hardware to render it properly.  Notice that when the xbox game came out the reviews were 9's and 10's across the board.  The pc game did not recieve the same marks.  Closer to 6's-8's.  Was it the fact that the game came out years later and had unrealistic hype behind it?  Possibly.  Mainly it was the original lack of playability that had yet to be patched.   The game does not even feature AA support because Gearbox knew that nothing could handle it.  I'm also fairly possitive the port still utilizes the same pixelshader 1.1 that the xbox version used when it could have easily implemented 2.0.

Aside from all of that, the time frame that Gearbox got to work with to release the port was continuesly extended and when the game was infact released it took months (nearly a year) for an SDK to be released.  Doom 3's SDK is scheduled in roughly a week or two and the game was just released today.  

You are simply looking at the port from a gamers perspective. In which case it was, for the most part, equally as funif not more enjoyable than the xbox version.   I am looking at the game from a developers perspective, which was piss-poor through and through.

rms2001

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (telexen @ Jul 23 2004, 11:05 PM)
Look what Valve has done with Half Life ... that game sucked all along and there were how many clones of it?

If you think HL sucked, you got some issues man. Half-Life and its mods were / are the greatest games. Counter-Strike (PC version) is still the most popular and most played game on the internet, and has been for years now.

I thought HL was a great game, and so do a lot of people I know. I also though the games that followed HL were great. But you can’t deny the fact about CS, it still ranks above all in the most played game, that has to say some thing.

DaveHShapiro

• Archived User
Halo3 ? Or Not
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (D3v0n @ Jul 23 2004, 10:53 PM)
I thought that Bungie had gone on the record somewhere saying that they were definetely NOT going to make a Halo 3.

Games are no differant then movies.. as long as the name will sell they will make sequels to it... look at resident evil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9