xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox One Beats Ps4 On Black Friday  (Read 787 times)

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbox One Beats Ps4 On Black Friday
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »

Bundles & Xbox Dominate the Console War

The XBOne dominated Black Friday sales, according to market-research firm InfoScout. Microsofts latest system made up 53 percent of all console sales on one of the biggest shopping days of the year.

icon_xl.jpg

It most likely will be a few weeks before we get official sales tracking info on what console did the most sales over the American Thanksgiving long weekend, famously called Black Friday / Cyber Monday, but one market research firm is claiming the Microsoft Xbox One came out as the King of Hill for holiday sales so far.

The Xbox One was on sale for $330 at a number of big stores like Target and Walmart, and Microsoft bundled it with big games like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Unity. That helped gamers choose the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4, which was $400 bundled with Bungie's sci-fi shooter Destiny or with the rereleases of Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us.

They claim XB1 got 53% of the Black Friday sales, compare to 31% for Sony's PS4, and leaving 16% to other consoles.

topconsole_share.jpg

As shown in the picture above from InfoScout, the poor Nintendo Wii U come in losing Fourth place below Microsoft's older Xbox 360.

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One beats PS4 on Black Friday (via) MaxConsole

Ranger72

• Archived User
Xbox One Beats Ps4 On Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

While I like my PS4 and can clearly see it is the superior machine it is definitely my Xbox One getting the most play time these days.