xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Report: Trade-in Process For Xbox One Revealed  (Read 299 times)

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
Report: Trade-in Process For Xbox One Revealed
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »

Maybe the upside is GS/EB wont be able to rape its customers? Trade in a game and get $10 only to see someone in the back slap on a $49.99 sticker? Always made me sick hearing what people got for trade-in and then see a used copy on the shelf for $20-$30 more...

Who's to say MS doesn't create an auction website for USERS to buy and sell.... (i want 10% profit if that happens..)

xmod4u

• Recovered User
Report: Trade-in Process For Xbox One Revealed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »

The thing most people don't understand if this goes down, is that you the consumer won't see any changes at the retail level. They will still slap a 49.99$ or even 54.99$ sticker on the game they gave you 10$ for. The difference is that GS/EB will not be cashing in the whole profit, this system will give Microsoft one piece of the pie, and the developers the other.

This was just a creation from the suits to cash in on the used market. Technically GS/EB is getting the short end of the stick in this deal in some way, they will be given a bone, but no meat on it.
This is why after the announcement, GS/EB's stock dropped a few points.

EDIT : The other possibility (without this "azure" system) is that yes, games might seem cheaper at the retail level, like 9.99$ used game, but then a 40$ activation fee once you get home. That to me will seem more like a reality, making it easier for the suits to get their piece of the pie. But it just conflicts with the trade in value, if its the case, you can be sure you wont get much for your trade ins anymore. They might just use the whole divide and conquer attitude... making it "legal" to trade so retailers don't hate on them, but slowly discourage the gamer to actually trade in.

so many possibilities, so many assumptions, we will just have to wait and see the full details of this story as it develops.