xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How USED Game 'Trade-In' works on XBOX ONE  (Read 696 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
How USED Game 'Trade-In' works on XBOX ONE
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(ekruob @ May 27 2013, 04:02 PM) View Post

I guess if they also allow a 7-day trial install then that would also allow the rental market to continue its existence.
THat said Krazie - the main problem here is that if I want to buy a game for my five kids to play (each obviously having a separate account) - I will make bomb threats against Redmond if they try to force me to pay for the game five times!

I think that goes for a LOT of families... gonna be a lot of bomb threats lol.

It was allready confirmed by MS there will be possibilities to reactivate the same disc to other acounts on a single console without extra cost

n3r0

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »

Any specifics regarding Indie games?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ May 27 2013, 01:17 AM) View Post

well what if you rent a game from like redbox? how would that work? It's going to be really interesting months to come. lol.

@Alex548
You know that certain collectors cars actually hold value and are worth more than blue book. Thereare certain niche enthusiast groups. just saying. But the trade-in value for the games on the xbox one are a little sketchy right now. So, I'll optimistically hold my breathe for now.

... but every time that car gets resold, nobody gives a portion of that money to the manufacturer. Whether it's a classic car or a Yugo, the only time the manufacturer gets money is when they originally sold it to a dealer/customer.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »

The problem lies in the fact you can install the game and after that don't need the the disc anymore. Therefore they need a system where they must disable the disc once installed otherwise you could use the disc over and over again. You cannot really compare it to a car or or other things that you won't be having after selling. Better compare it with an official MS office or windows disc.
I don't hear people complaining they can only install the disc to one pc. It's just a way to protect the property. I just see the reactivation on other consoles as an extra service.A small fee would be in place.

Moonkeeper

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »

No more Right of First Sale?

This is the kind of DRM that invites every single hacker/modder out there to figure out a way to get around it. The PS3 went without being modded for years because the independent devs were satisfied. Linux was taken away and the PS3 cracked by the end of the year.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »

Why is the community calling this the Xbox ONE? The name is an ignorant insult. Take a stand and call it Xbox 3 or Xbox 720. If I ran this forum I'd insist on calling it Xbox 3 or perhaps Kinect 2. You're already bending over for it! The community insisted on calling the 360 S the 360 Slim. Call it what you want but don't call it ONE.

If this despicable system succeeds then there really is no cure for zombies.  People paying for this @$$ raping system should at least try and understand they are buying nothing, they are paying for temporary access to an online server regulated service that is subject to change and will only operate and support for a finite period of time.

I can pull out an Atari or NES system out of my closet, pop in a game and be playing in seconds. In 30 years from now, how confident are you that MS will have servers in place to support online game activations for this system? MS stated this system will require a infrastructure with over 300 thousand servers. I can tell you right now there will be no plans to support a system like this 20 years after it becomes obsolete, it will be a brick because the encrypted flash firmware chip only has a listed data retention of 10 years. At least you'll be able to pull out a 60 year old NES and play Super Mario.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »

80's tech was much more ground breaking and new. The difference in 7th and 8th gen consoles is nowhere near as drastic as the difference between pong and atari or atari and NES. That's just ridiculous! But just remember those values 20-30 years from now on retro gaming night when the NES is still playable and all the virtual content you paid for on live is gone like a fart in the wind. Gone like the original xbox 1 never existed to MS at all. The name of the system is practically screaming this eventuality.

And my PC hardware is not locked and encrypted to only execute code from one online evil manipulative corporation. I would never buy hardware so crippled and pathetic. I'l never subscribe to live and have no interest in services like steam or onlive either.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Damn right!

Oh wait, I have two androids....

ROOTED!

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Well windows/ms updates are mostly to patch security holes and not to add extra content. I'm pretty sure if a flaw in a game is found it will be patched for free.
Anyway I was just trying to make a point that they need some form of protection against multiple use of the same disc and not to discuss who has what rights or what not.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »

It has a code that should be redeemable. I've redeemed Xbox1 codes on my 360 before, though not in a few years.
Pages: 1 [2]