xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: XBOX ONE is unleashed into the world by Microsoft  (Read 953 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
XBOX ONE is unleashed into the world by Microsoft
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(scottmuller28 @ May 22 2013, 05:13 PM) View Post

I think this design was for the North Korean market and showed us the wrong One. Anyway I don't use the Kinect at all and sold mine within 2 weeks. I have no interest in commanding via gestures or voice as I just want to do little as possible and start playing games. M$ seem to focus to much on the unimportant aspects of design and win8 is a great example of this. People don't really give a shit how it turns on or how to move through menu system, we just want to have a good gaming experience.

Amen  .... brother

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 11:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmod4u @ May 23 2013, 11:57 PM) View Post

In the end, we can say what we want, we can bitch all day, they are going to do what they want and most people will buy anyways. It's a consumer world and they know how to make you need it.

Some people like to get fish hooked with the latest and greatest.  They don't care the sacrifices or restrictions.  They just want.  Its a status marker to them.

Other consumers want a better product with none of the crap.  Those people don't want to be dictated ridiculous terms.

Enough people go into it with Eyes Wide Open  ... MS profit margin might significantly suffer.  Forcing them to change the parameters.

If One (one pile of crap) turns out to be as bad as we are expecting; Consumers should stand in refusal of that product.  

Things have been boycotted before

spoone

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ May 23 2013, 11:29 PM) View Post

So whats left, the 25 million in USA and the 8 million in UK (reason why UK has alot of TV partners and INDIE store).

That is the market for XB1, sorry to say, everyone else can kiss my ass. -- So long and thanks for your M$ bucks, but we don't care, both USA and UK has strong broadband support, happy customers and DRM loving fans, so we support them first!

well, garyopa, i stand corrected.
although i still hope that M$ won't be that stupid.

by the way, does anyone know or have a clue how this tv integration works? is it tv via internet or is it tv to xbox one and vice versa via hdmi?

cheers,
spoone

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »

There's an HDMI in port, so one would presume it's going to be that way.

dom0012

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

Commodore4eva we need you! Please hack this system!

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »

So exciting, a new console is coming out! But why am I so indifferent about buying one versus the last two launches MS had with its consoles? It seems they are trying to gain hold on more of the pieces of the puzzle and in the process have ostracized some groups of gamers and at this moment have left a bad taste in a LOT of people's mouths with the last announcement in May. I'm going to give my two cents, hopefully it's useful if not amusing.

Always connected: there are so so many people without an internet connection that enjoy video games. Why would you cut out a huge part of potential buyers for what... cloud computing? It has decent specs with its connectivity and components which leads me to think, why not do the computing in the console itself? My mind thinks of latency times, download/upload speeds, ISP customers with bandwidth limits...I mean, cloud gaming just doesn't seem like a good idea at first glance. Can anyone shed light on what will actually be processed in the cloud? Have they released any info yet?

Kinect required: What about people with small houses/apartments (LIKE MYSELF) or noisy atmospheres or who simply prefer not to talk to a device? My friend Brad who's been in a wheelchair all his life loves playing X360 online and it's what he does a lot of the day for fun. Will the Xbox One exclude him from playing video games because he cannot move his arms around properly? What if your family is noisy, what if its night time and you don't want to talk to the thing? What about lan-parties, will the separate iR signals interfere with each other? These questions lead me to think the Kinect will be how it is currently; some games require it, some do not. To me, the Kinect has always been a cool trick to compete with the family friendly Wii and serve a bigger audience, never applicable to hard-core gamers.

No backwards compatibility: It's sad, but not surprising. I'm not sure if it's a hardware limitation thing or if it's just to make more money, probably a little of both, but the PS3 phased it out over the course of a few years in favor of making money off of the old titles via its own online store and MS is following suit.

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

Finally an HAL 9000 into XB1 ad! -- THE TRUTH of Kinect and its DRM!

YouTube Video!
Pages: 1 2 [3]