xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 720?  (Read 316 times)

4DoorITR

• Archived User
Xbox 720?
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

Why is this being called the 720? It obviously doesn't even make sense. I mean the next Playstation isn't being called Playstation 6. The 360 received its name from the ROL. Is the new Xbox going to have two of them? LOL.

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbox 720?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »

Once the official name is out on May 21st, then this forum will be renamed to the right name.

Currently, the top rumored runner-ups names are:

Xbox n3xt

Xbox Loop

Xbox Fusion

And finally my choice and very well could be the actual name, just plain XBOX no extra double name, just XBOX.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Xbox 720?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ May 5 2013, 03:36 AM) View Post

Once the official name is out on May 21st, then this forum will be renamed to the right name.

Currently, the top rumored runner-ups names are:

Xbox n3xt

Xbox Loop

Xbox Fusion

And finally my choice and very well could be the actual name, just plain XBOX no extra double name, just XBOX.

last but not least, xbox infinity has gotten quite a few mentions.

i REALLY hope they don't use just xbox for the new name. i hated it when apple named their 3rd gen ipad that way, and i'd hate it if ms did that with their next console.

garyopa

• Archived User
Xbox 720?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ May 5 2013, 12:13 PM) View Post

last but not least, xbox infinity has gotten quite a few mentions.

i REALLY hope they don't use just xbox for the new name. i hated it when apple named their 3rd gen ipad that way, and i'd hate it if ms did that with their next console.

Well they also bought up all the domains related to 'XboxGold'

The word LIVE is for sure going out the window, as it did already with goodbye Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Hotmail, etc.

Since there is going to be TWO models of the new Xbox, one rumored to be discounted version if you sign a 2 year contract, that one most likely will be called XBOX GOLD, as for the name of the full costly version without the 2 year contract, is still up in the air.