xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will You Buy An "alway On" Next Gen Xbox  (Read 525 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Will You Buy An "alway On" Next Gen Xbox
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »

Will you buy an "alway on" next gen Xbox. Feel free to debate the Pros and Cons here.

garyopa

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:00 PM »

So far it seems you only need the 'net ONCE a day, to connect to the CLOUD that powers your crippled XBOX ONE

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »

i'm definitely on the fence personally. i'm liking what i'm seeing from a hardware standpoint, and i actually am excited about the new kinect.

that being said, until ms finalizes their plans for used games and what exactly "it's not always on, but it requires internet" means, i'm still undecided between this and a ps4.

DrDeath2099

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »

My nephews want to buy the new system, but they live in a rural area where the only internet options available are satellite, which is expensive and unreliable (unless that has changed recently) or verizon internet and the coverage near their house is flaky during the fall do to farm crops.  When you have a crappy internet connection, what if you can't connect for days at a time?  I'm curious about what it means for anyone that doesn't have a solid connection at all times.

TreFacTor

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »

I don't like the restrictions and frankly I'm considering the PS4 or going PC. Your game disc is worth nothing now and you don't own it. I don't let my wife tell me when I can game and I'm damn sure not going to allow MS to do it.

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »

What happens if you want to do a lan party at a friend's house? Do you all have to set up your Kinects and make sure your router is connected to your cable modem in the next room?

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »

Undecided yet but leaning to No!

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

So once again this has to do with DRM. You need to authenticate the disc on the cloud first before you are able to play the game. hmm.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »

HELL NO!

I've refused to pay for live all these years.
Microsoft policies are DESPICABLE!
Requiring gold to watch a third party service like Netfix is DESPICABLE!
I blows my mind that anyone would pay MS for live gaming when it comes free with everything else!
Brand zombie gamers,
and now they've financed this new system like a paper mansion.
With blind faith their expensive virtual content will survive any storm ahead.

Everyone who actually wants to buy this thing should all build themselves a condominium tower complex made of straw in the middle of Oklahoma.

"if you're getting hyped for this console... if you're going to buy this system, I just want to let you know that right now you are everything that is wrong with gaming"

ca102455

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(relaxxx @ May 30 2013, 10:49 AM) View Post

"if you're getting hyped for this console... if you're going to buy this system, I just want to let you know that right now you are everything that is wrong with gaming"

100% agree....

raceboy404

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »

I average buying 1 xbox game a every 6 months.
I don't live in BFE and have great internet.
I have a job.

so yes... I would

Am I hyped? nope.
Am I going to buy an xbox one? If I can ditch the cable box and still watch live sports.

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »

Now 35.56% will bend over and take the Xbone. It's going to be an interesting week. Will MS attempt some kind of damage control. Maybe they'll announce that the system will be bundled with a supply of Orbit gum and Preparation H. Take the edge off the masochism.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

I'm going to stay with PC and 360 gaming for a while. I upgraded my rig a few months back and it's pretty much top of the range, maybe I could do with a better graphics card. Going to wait a few months and see what the reaction is when it is on sale the xbox one. I also want to see if there are any hardware faults and a price drop would be nice tongue.gif. And as I have a 50GB month cap, I really don't want the xbox one sucking up all my bandwidth when I am gaming..not yet anyway.

TreFacTor

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(---=Snyper=--- @ May 29 2013, 11:04 PM) View Post

Edit.. Forgive the rant... I'm just getting tired reading that the sky is falling.
Sorry but this is a load of horse poo...

No one in their right mind would build a system that requires you have an active connection AT ALL TIMES. Are you expecting all games to be ran from the cloud? I just cant see MS or anyone actually requiring you to have a 100% ALWAYS connected device.
Next up.. OMG IT PHONES HOME (every 24hrs if PLUGGED in..)
You do know that your PS3, 360, PC, Phone, my Sammy TV and DVD player, umm i think thats enough... all check online for something.. new content, movie/tv/music, system updates, game updates, messages, firmware, ect.... Yes the information transmitted varies and until we see a EULA/Privacy statement (which normally is nothing) we have NO idea what MS will know about us..... SCARY HUH!

Always LISTENING!! ... well that could get annoying during sex.. but im sure there will be a way to disable it.. If not umm... .. . .... ...... . .  umm unplug kinect?.. I have a kinect, I've use the voice and motion crap but i CHOOSE not to and I know im somewhat safe because its in its box. Will I use the XBOX ONE kinect? maybe a few times and then its going to see the same fate.. Remember the new kinect still plugs in.. so dont plug it in if you're scared it might be transmitting everything to big brother..

DRM.... And? I cant wait to get rid of all my discs.
So long as the GAMES are tied to my ACCOUNT and not the console i think ill be just fine.
You want to keep your originals safe? Kids, pets, friends, zombies... How about no disc? *head explodes*
Now reselling.. Well its been screwed up for a few years now with "Online Passes".. bright side? IF we are able to sell our digital
copy... you never have to worry about a bad disc... I personally cant come up with a safe way to sell used "codes".. even with a physical disc that has to match sed code...
PS4... You REALLY think its going to be any different than the Xbox One... You will need an internet connection to use the PS4, and there will be DRM.. oh yea and the damn controller has a SHARE button.. you know for OFFLINE use..
I just think there is ALOT of amazing things that could happen with this gen.. but reading any gaming site and the the Xbox One should be scrapped and MS should give up.
Correction...how in the hell does a TV or dvd player call home...and to your other point....your XBOX One won't function out of the box without connecting it to MS for authentication....all the other devices save the phone work right out of the box no internet needed....you comment is just like the pacifists on MS's own forum who don't seem to understand the restrictions fully or are just amazed at new shiny things.