xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx Dashboard Wont Load  (Read 318 times)

nsr0

• Archived User
Unleashx Dashboard Wont Load
« on: December 28, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Hi,

My brother deleted XBMC off his xbox, so I downloaded "XBMC-CVS_2005-12-25-T3CH"

And I edited "XboxMediaCenter.XML" like it said in the readme,  Also in the readme it had:

CODE
DASHBOARD INSTALL___________________________________________________________
   Thanks to a new app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now extremely easy...
   Edit XBMC\xboxmediacenter.xml to your liking & transfer contents of XBMC folder TO
   (this is VERY important) "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <> to something your bios can boot
   (see http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php?wakka=XBMCAsDash#h44-2 or read your BIOS README)
   and transfer to your C partition. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore, and future upgrades you won't
   need to worry about this file on C.

I renamed that file "RENAME_ME.xbe" to "unleashx.xbe" (It didn't have that name in C drive, and unleashx is a dashboard isnt it?) btw, the apps and stuff was in F drive

Now, the problem with the xbox is that it wont go to the dashboard, if you put a game in the xbox it will play that game, but you cant get to the dashboard or anythink?

The xbox has the Duo X2 chip (the guy who my brother brought it off said it had the Duo X2 chip, but when you turn the xbox on it has the xbox image and under it, it says

"Xecuter
ROX MY BOX" )

And it wont go past that!

It has the original 8-10GB xbox harddrive.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix this?

Hope someone can help me out! Thanks.

I can't FTP the xbox either.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »

make a boot disc to gain access and put whatever dash you use, named whatever your bios looks to boot in the C drive, along with the dash's files.

nsr0

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »

Ohh! so since he had UnleashX as his dashboard, I'll download it, and make it into the .iso file that the xbox can read, then burn it onto DVD and put it into the xbox?

Edit: I downloaded UnleashX_0_38_0515A, It only had 7 files in there?

default.xbe
Config.XML
English.XML
German.XML
Spanish.XML
Readme.txt
Unleashx0.38.0515A.nfo

But default.xbe is almost 3MB? (the rest are small, all under 41KB)
Is that the right size for it? And is that all the files I'll need?

So I'll make it into a .iso and then put it onto a DVD disc, and then put it in the xbox? :S

This post has been edited by nsr0: Dec 29 2005, 06:09 AM