xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some More Noob Questions!  (Read 244 times)

illusive

• Archived User
Some More Noob Questions!
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

Alrighty, here is the problem I have Evoultion X and I don't want it, I want Unleash X. Can anyone help me get it! My buddy said just re-install linux and it gives me a choice what I want to download like Evolution X or Unleash X, but every time I do that it justs boots the Evolution X menu up every time. Anyone got some suggestions?   <_<

-EDIT-
Actully, from what i've seen, everyone says rename files, which do I rename and someone said something about not getting the xbox live update. I have a file  called update.xbe should I delete that? And one last question, should I rename my xboxdash.xbe to unleashx.xbe??? Or only rename the default.xbe to unleashx.xbe?

This post has been edited by illusive: Sep 6 2005, 11:49 PM

illusive

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

I mean, I renamed the default.xbe to unleashx.xbe but nothing still same old same old... But my friend did say I had to do something about customer support. I get the message when I try to do some stuff....

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=161608

always read stickies and faqs before posting.

illusive

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

"4- Once you are connected to your Xbox, navigate to your C: directory.

5- Once you are there, these are the following files/folders you have to remove:

-Bios (Folder)
-Skin (Folder)
-Trainers (Folder)
-Trainers Source.zip (File-which shouldn't be there unless you transferred everything over...it is unneeded for the dash to load)
-evox.ini (File)
-evoxdash.xbe (File) - (evoxdash.xbe is the default name found in the EvoX build 3935 rar. You may have changed this depending on what your bios can boot to. So pretty much delete the EvoX xbe file...if you changed it, you should know the name of what you changed it to)"

Alrighty, first of all where in the hell is C: Directory, is it the C folder, and when I get into the C folder I can't find anything about that he wrote... im a serious noob, this guide isn't really helping, either that or im doing something wrong( Mostly likely I am but, Im a noob what did you expect  :) ) Please help.

illusive

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

I don't know what I am doing lol. Im just going to stop no before I really damage my xbox. I dont know what this stuff means. And still don't have a clue where C: is? Did I do this right, I went through mIRC and did all that then I went into the file called XBOX is that what you are all talking about "C" ?? Please answer without a link to a guide  :(

Stewster

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

It sounds like you have a softmodded xbox.  So to change the dashboard you want to look on the E folder when you connect to your xbox via FTP.  
1. Connect to your xbox via ftp.
2. Copy the "Dashboard" folder to your computer.
3. Rename the copy of the dashboard folder on your computer to "evox".
4. Transfer the newly named "evox" folder into the "apps" folder on your xbox.
5. Open the "dashboard" folder on your xbox, and the unleashx folder on your computer.
6. Make sure the ".xbe" files are named the same, if not rename the unleashx xbe file to match.
7. Delete the files from within the "dashboard" folder on your xbox.
8. Transfer all the unleashx files to the empty "dashboard" folder.
9. Reboot.

Your xbox will boot into UnleashX and you will have Evox as an app.

illusive

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »

Err, where is the "Dashboard" file ???  :huh: All I see is files with numbers and letters all mixed around.

This post has been edited by illusive: Sep 8 2005, 08:49 PM