xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx Dash Wont Boot  (Read 326 times)

ExtraEcho

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« on: June 25, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »

ok. i was copying serious sam to my softmodded xbox's hd using dvd2xbox and it froze on the processing acl part of the copying. so i rebooted the xbox and now all i get is the unleashx logo flickering on the screen, like it's trying to load it over and over again. i checked to see if i could ftp into the xbox but it doesnt show up on my network. anyone know how i can get it to boot to the dash again? or even the m$ dash? it still plays game discs so it's obviously still working in some capacity. i'm hoping that this is a problem with a solution. please help. thank you.

ExtraEcho

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

okay i'm able to boot off of an evox boot disc and ftp into the xbox but have no idea how to fix whats wrong considering i dont know whats causing it. anyone ever run into this before? anybody?

eggnog

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

cold boot your exploited game (mechassault, AUF, or splinter cell) then run the gamesave exploit, then select the restore stock harddrive option, then install the mod again. it will restore your xbox to stock, then reinstall the mod....did i just say the same thing twice?...anyways
you will lose any apps, games copied to your harddrive, skins, or any other stuff/configurations. that should fix the problem, but you have to put all the crap back on there...

ExtraEcho

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »

fixed it already. thanks anyway.

sderrick

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

hey eggnog i got the same problem that you had with my unleashx flashing after reboot.  i was copying a game in dvd2xbox and it froze     so i rebooted and now the logo just flashes in my face     my box is softmodded also however it was done by someone else    so you say you got it fixed but how?  thanx for the help in advance

sderrick

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 12:32:00 AM »

ooopss the reply was meant for extraecho    sorry

adayinthelife

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

I have the exact same problem as I was copying a game to the hd with dvd2xbox when it froze at the same point(processing acl).When I rebooted the bastard loop was there.

I dont suppose extraecho or anybody else who had the same problem is around and could tell me how they fixed it?

I bought this as a softmodded xbox with krayzies and was working fine until this happened and I have tried clearing the cache but its still stuck in a loop.

Anybody have any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

colinhumber

• Archived User
Unleashx Dash Wont Boot
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

I had the same problem earlier this week, with the UnleashX logo flashing over and over trying to load. It turned out to be an error in the Config.xml file. What I did was load the Config.xml from the UnleashX boot disc then, then copied over the additional blocks I needed (eg. Games, Emulators, etc). Another idea would be to FTP the Config.xml to your PC and open it in Internet Explorer. If you get a parsing error, make the fix then FTP it back to the xbox.

Hope that helps.