xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Screensaver Opacity  (Read 216 times)

six4three

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« on: May 01, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »

not sure if this is .38 specific -- but when screensavers execute in the filemanager they aren't opaque...

.38 rox! <

unleashx

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

30 seconds after it kicks in, before it fully dims down to 90% opacity <

six4three

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

thanks for your prompt reply!  so you're saying after 30 seconds it should be fully opaque?

this behavior is different than in the main dash, any reason?  seems to just happen when I have the file manager open.

This post has been edited by six4three: May 2 2005, 05:39 AM <

six4three

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

in addition...

i like the new screensaver xml config...   any chance of getting rid of that text when the screensaver file isn't found?  (i.e. "F:\screensaver.wmv" scrolls the screen)

if possible, can u have it default back to the <text> value?

thanks and keep up the great work!
 <

unleashx

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

That's not a bad idea actually.

edit:
I did some checking and it behaves the same way. Actually, the screen saver is global, so it will behave the same way, regardless of where you are in the dash.

FTP activity will wake the system up.

The complete behavior is this (for text ss only). It kicks in, the text starts to bounce, after 30 seconds, the background starts to fade to 90% black, after another 30 sec, the text also fades. So, you'll end up with a 90% black for a background and a small hint of the text floating around.

This post has been edited by unleashx: May 2 2005, 07:12 AM <

six4three

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

thanks for clearing that up...  text works wonderful...  

my dilemna is this...   i'm setting the screensaver to video, but if that file is moved or cannot be found i get "F:\screensaver" bouncing the screen.  Sorry if i'm being redundant but wasn't sure if you understood.  Wondering if there's a way to have it default to the <text> value if the filename isn't located.

hope to see that in a next release or some workaround.. ;) <

six4three

• Archived User
Screensaver Opacity
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(unleashx @ May 2 2005, 12:28 AM)

edit:
I did some checking and it behaves the same way. Actually, the screen saver is global, so it will behave the same way, regardless of where you are in the dash.

update: it seems to happen only with video in the filemanager (defined in the skin) then, when the ssaver kicks in, you get both videos in 90% opacity...   ??  give it a try... <