xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can This Be Done?  (Read 325 times)

Nyutan

• Archived User
Can This Be Done?
« on: May 01, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »

Can games be and music be played from a USB harddrive?  :blink: <

onlyme

• Archived User
Can This Be Done?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

for games i dont think so im sure the xbox only supports usb 1 and i think thats too slow i could be wrong but for music it might be possable <

Nyutan

• Archived User
Can This Be Done?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Aww. man.. and i can't find any cheap enough internal hard drives to buy.. -_- it'd be best if i had one that was preconfigured. basically plug and play.. anyone know of something? <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Can This Be Done?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nyutan @ May 2 2005, 12:46 PM)
Aww. man.. and i can't find any cheap enough internal hard drives to buy.. -_- it'd be best if i had one that was preconfigured. basically plug and play.. anyone know of something?

Well Tiger Direct usually has some good deals on hdd's. You can usually get a 200gb one for $89.99 after rebate. That is a pretty good deal. And no a usb jump drive won't allow you to play games of it because they are usually way to small unless you somehow got a 3gb + jump drive and that would probably cost more than a regular hdd. But you could play music off a jump drive I believe. And no you can't get a preloaded hdd because it will come with stuff made with the XDK which makes the preloaded stuff illegal.  ;) <