xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Missing X Y Z Partitions  (Read 308 times)

Akuaguen

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« on: April 14, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

Hi Friends..

I got a v1.6 and i deleted everything from my C:\ E:\ X:\ Y:\ Z:\ manually with the file manager that unleashx has, then i used XBPartitioner to manage partitions and change size of X Y Z partitions to 0MB to see if i can get F and G enabled but when i restart my xbox it was not appearing X Y partition in file manager only Z but it appears an error when i tried to copy files into it.

The problem is that i can`t open XBPartitioner, any game, config magic, and 95% of the other applications. When i try to open some applications it goes back to the dash.

What can i do to reopen XBPartitioner or recover X Y Z partitions??????

I got Aladdin XT installed with M8 F,C 1.6 BIOS.

(it`s brand new and it didn`t came with F:\ and G:\ partitions)

THANKS IN ADAVANCE

Akuaguen

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

I forgot.... my unleashx version is 0.37

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

Your pretty much screwed x,y,x partitions are used for caching files on the local hardisk and by making them 0mb you have stopped the xbox from being able to load temporary files that are need for the apps onto those partitions

If you can still get into unleashX then try formating the partions from the format menu else you will have to take the drive out and remake it with an app after attaching it to your PC in which case I hope its unlocked

But by the sounds of it you've crapped out your xbox hardrive and need to rebuild it

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Also if you have a modchip slayers installer disc might be able to rebuild it

Akuaguen

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »

Before anything Thanks a lot for your help....

Actually i got Slayer´s auto installer so it´s not a problem...

Second i already tried to format X Y Z partitions but problem persists...

I will try to put my HDD in my girl´s PC and run xboxhdm off course with the hdd unlocked first.

I have Aladdin XT running M8+ 1.6.

Also i don´t understand what you mean rebuild the hdd... Create partitions and leave it ready to put it back on the PC???

Thanks a lot.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

I think you wil have to delete all partitions and then let a dash like UnleashX and MXM reparition the drive from the start

Akuaguen

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

Thanks for your help man...

However please let me tell you that i used XboxHdm to make partitions again and it fixed everything... but now i was using XBPartitioner again and i try to change the  E:\ space that was aprox. on 5200MB to the half so then i created with the rest of space another Extended partition.... but i can´t start unleashx now i´ll try to put my slayer´s this time to reformat everything....

any opinion about this new issue????

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

Ok here it is do not I repeat do not touch the size of the partitions c,e,x,y,z they are set out to specific sizes for your xbox to function properly mucking around with them will cause failures in apps and games.

If you want a f,g partition then buy a bigger hardrive and even then if you want a g you will need a harddrive bigger than 120gig and a bios that supports it and then you can use unleashX to format the f:/g: drive by using a menu command it will then automatically add the partitions to the drive for you.

You might be lucky to have one of those stock 10gig harddrives and you can have a 2gig f: drive

Don't muck around with the original partitions

Akuaguen

• Archived User
Missing X Y Z Partitions
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

Yes man i already noticed after many failed tries that i can´t change the partitions size..... hehe
However i got a doubt.... when i had my first box it came with an F partition and it was a Western Digital hdd... strange i remember that the E was bigger than F so i had C E F XYZ...

Anywayz thx a lot my friend.....