xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sound & Preview  (Read 341 times)

Gunzz11

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« on: December 25, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

i cant get the preview window on my unleashx(0.37.1218A build 543) like most people seem to have, plus my sound isn't working.

punqewe

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 02:18:00 AM »

Some skins don't have the preview incorporated into them. If you have the preview and there is noe sound,you can open the skin.xml file in wordpad and look for a line like this;

<Preview  EnableAudio="False" Top="62" Left="57" width="210" Height="120" />

Now change the False to True and the audio should be there now.

Gunzz11

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

i was talkin about the background sound of the dash my sound doesnt seem to work idk that the preview plays sound also.

bizzy401

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 04:19:00 AM »

I am having the same problem.. I think it is bewcause I deleted my og xboxdash.xbe

I think that is where the sound comes from.

Also nothing has previews.  I haven'tr tried tackling that problem yet though

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

You need to download the preview videos from xbox-skins.net and then use the context menu and point each game to the video location.  wink.gif  But I am also having a problem of no sound with the game preview video. And yes the audio setting in the skin is enable. I have tried it with several games/videos and with several skins and still I get no audio.  unsure.gif  I posted this in the bug thread and I am using the most recent version of UnleashX.

Xenfernox

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

Im having this problem also, anyone know how to get the sound for the startup video and previews working with the new build. i have everything like i had it with the old build. The new build will not play preview or startup sond no matter what i try.

should i just go back to the previous version?

thx in advance for any help.  

*also i just wanna mention one other problem im having is whenever i set an icon to reboot or shutdown when i restart the xbox there gone everytime....just somin ive noticed.

This post has been edited by Xenfernox: Dec 28 2004, 09:28 PM

Bigz

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xenfernox @ Dec 28 2004, 04:22 PM)
Im having this problem also, anyone know how to get the sound for the startup video and previews working with the new build. i have everything like i had it with the old build. The new build will not play preview or startup sond no matter what i try.

Hmm, i've noticed that the new UX will only play sound for preview videos if they are in .xmv format, if its in .wmv no sound.  I originaly noticed that only 2 of my preview vids had sound, and after looking at them thru FTP I noticed they were the only 2 that were .xmv and all my others are .wmv.  Is this a bug with the newest version or am I missing something?

jonathan2007

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bigz @ Dec 31 2004, 02:09 AM)
Hmm, i've noticed that the new UX will only play sound for preview videos if they are in .xmv format, if its in .wmv no sound.  I originaly noticed that only 2 of my preview vids had sound, and after looking at them thru FTP I noticed they were the only 2 that were .xmv and all my others are .wmv.  Is this a bug with the newest version or am I missing something?

Hmm it might be because I believe most of mine are in wmv and they don't play sound. I will post a link to this in the bug thread.

GWELCH

• Archived User
Sound & Preview
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »

i got this to work using the latest build. Goto System>Settings>Sound and Audio>Play Music: Both.