xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleash User Accounts Suggestion  (Read 300 times)

titusonline

• Archived User
Unleash User Accounts Suggestion
« on: December 13, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

I have used a previously mentioned method to prevent access to certain things for certain users and would like to suggest something for a release, unless its in there.

What it is, I set up xboxes with unleash and give them the option to run emulators & any of their games they copy on to the HDD with unleashes copying features. I have also given them the ability to delete their games, however I do not want them editing the items and changing things, in the new version it has the option to open containing folder, now is there a way I can disable this? As it would be bad for them.
  I do not make these restrictions to be mean, they like it that way so they don't do anything wrong as their complete n00bs. I have created an administrator config file so I can load that when I wish to make any changes for them. All works well apart from the containing folder issue, any suggestions? (apart from reverting to a previous version)

Also a question is there any way unleash could implement an IGR feature, as some friends do not have that feature in their chip and dont want to use evox? My question is is their a way for unleashes copying feature to copy a file to a location other than my G drive? Thanks   :unsure:

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

i agree with you.  i have made a suggestion to mr. unleashx via email.  i suggested that the 'Open Containing folder' option be tied to the 'Allow Menu Edit' option, if not a new 'Allow' option.

This post has been edited by Kthulu: Dec 13 2004, 08:46 PM

titusonline

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kthulu @ Dec 13 2004, 09:17 PM)
i agree with you.  i have made a suggestion to mr. unleashx via email.  i suggested that the 'Open Containing folder' option be tied to the 'Allow Menu Edit' option, if not a new 'Allow' option.

Yep definately.....

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

a new 'Allow' option has already been created for this in the current WIP, so it will be there next public release...which will be soon i think.