xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Constant Freezing...  (Read 735 times)

X_Destruction

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« on: August 07, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

I never had this problem with any other dashboard, but sometimes when I try to load up a game, it will just freeze at the loading screen. Of course the next time I load up the game, it's fine, it's just strange that I've only seen this happen with unleashx. Anyone know what the problem is?

draken333

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

Lately i have been having the same problem.  A lot of my games wouldnt load they would just freeze. Every time i would change the skin it would make the games load, sorta weird. Anyways, i then figured out that when i had my network cable plugged in the games would load fine, but once the cable was taken out they woould freeze. So i went into my system settings and disabled the FTP.  Then the games never had a problem or froze since. So try that and see what happens.

theraventron

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

I also had this problem and it seems too be an occuring problem with UnleashX, it was addressed in the last release NFO.

However, it doesn't seem to have been totally dealt with, It helped when i turned off the BGM, which was custom, this seemed too cut it down ALOT, also waiting a little while after rebooting, or IGRing out. Try it, it might help you out.

pdottz

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

I had this problem with the newest version.. then I noticed that if I selected something as soon as ux started it would freeze. if I wait for my bgm to start and then select something it never freezes. also , I have xbmc setup as a quickstart button and that never freezes when I use the quick start button, but it will if I let ux load all the way and select something before the bgm starts playing..

might be different for other people but thats how it works for me.

just sharing my observations.. :)

X_Destruction

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

Hmm, don't have BGM on at all, but FTP was still on. It's not a huge problem, still a rarity, but enough to get me at least a little annoyed.

africamagical

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

come yesterday i started getting random crashes, Like games wouldnt load apps wouldnt even after bgm was playing,  I went back to evox all i s normal, Im really pissed because i like unleash so much more, but i kinda need stability

GoldStar

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

I too have had this problem once before..After I reformatted the partition I was trying to load (E:\) and reedited my config.xml file I was fine and have been ever since..

africamagical

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

Hmm, im fresh off a e format, and i only changed the bgm settings in config, ill try that though, im allready getting pissed at evox with no bgm, file manager, shortcuts etc etc

BroChaos

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

same problem here...and i can't figure out any pattern...

X_Destruction

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »

It's so freaking random!! Anyways, I think we need unleashx himself to explain what's going on here, maybe he already knows and has fixed it for the next release.

africamagical

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »

It is completely random, Today i was trying to load a multi game disc, freeze, freeze, then works, same thing with xbmc every once in a while, the only thing i changed recently was upgraded to a 200gb, but this is madness i say

Van_Koo_Ver

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »

I had this problem with SOME games right after upgrading my HD using the XOS 2 format feature.  

What mod chip are you guys using?  Might be a different issue all together, but all I did to fix this (I have the solderless Xenium ICE) was format my E: and F: (apparently you don't need to do the F:) using the UnleashX format option, and voila!!  The games that would freeze on me at the opening credits now work perfectly.

Hope this helps some of you.

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Constant Freezing...
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

next time it freezes walk away, sometimes my XBMC takes a minute to load, and as for other stuff, samee thing just not as much.

and if ya notice, usually when something freezes, and ya hit the eject button it resets, but if it doesnt reset, tthen it wasnt all the way froze up (just the dashboard?)...I dunno just a thought,srry for typos, bitch to clean em up with linksboks   :P