xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Do You Get Tired Of Entering Passwords/passcodes?  (Read 2567 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Do You Get Tired Of Entering Passwords/passcodes?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »

Hrmmm could sworn that post above me said somthing totally different 5 minutes ago

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

yeah, it said what you saw a few minutes ago.  immediately after posting, i started adding the above to it.  after i finished typing the above, i decided it was senseless to have 2 installs of UX when you'd still have to script-out the deletion of the recent.dat when logged in as admin, so i deleted what you originally saw.  (senseless in waste of space, but pretty smart in ease of setup)

if you don't like what i'm thinking/saying now, come back in 5 min and my mind may have changed again  jester.gif

btw, in another thread somewhere, i said i had modified the MXM BlackBox skin so that video covered infotext.  i was wrong.  you made it that way to begin with.  the mxm skin was already like that.  however, there were several mxm skins that i modified to behave in such a manner.  yours was the one i used the most in my mxm days, so it kinda stood out in my mind...which is a mess of jumbled memories.  know where i can get a mental defragmentor? jester.gif

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

I really think this thing should be stickied...it is very valuable.  I just wish it could be explained a bit more in depth so that we could make some of our own modifications to the procedure.  like multiple users perhaps...as in more than 2.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

see the UnleashX Tutorial topic.  you should be able to figure it out from there.  you simply repeat the profile creation process as necessary for more profiles/users.

Xb0ss

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif
im glad you made this code it is the most excellent thing to happen to my xbox.

yes you can have more than the admin and guest user  biggrin.gif

i currently have a log in screen and 5 differnt users
each user has their own skin, and i set them all up so that my "desktop" is the only one that allows ftp, alternative dashboards, and even settings

Anyone have any thoughts on how to have the guest or end user profile copied to C: on shutdown so no matter when the xbox is booted it will always boot to guest and the admin will never have to switch to end user or guest before shutting down? Just an extra precaution yuo forget and don't want anyone to have access to the admin options.

also i added a button that when you shutdown it automatically goes to the log in screen, as long as you dont push the power button  laugh.gif

this is such a remarkable find thank you again for coming up with it KTHULU
please if anymore amazing finds occur please let me in on it [email protected] also if u would like a screenshot or some help email me

rotfl.gif i am so so so so glad i found this  rotfl.gif

here is how to have more than one user and a login screen
also how to have a shutdown/logoff button:

this is what my admin config.xml looks like (this is the log-in screen)

<Menu>
  <List Text="Mom Login" Batch="True" Passcode="A">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="This will Sign Mommy onto the Xbox.  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\config.xml" Arg2="c:\profiles\Admin\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Mom\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat" Arg2="c:\profiles\Admin\recent.dat"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Mom\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
    <Item Action="Reboot"></Item>
  </List>
  <List Text="Amie Login" Batch="True" Passcode="A">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="This will Sign Amie onto the Xbox.  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\config.xml" Arg2="c:\profiles\Admin\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Amie\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat" Arg2="c:\profiles\Admin\recent.dat"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Amie\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
  </List>
  <List Text="Xb0ss Login" Batch="True" Passcode="ABYXX">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="This will initiate Xb0ss Full Throttle.  Proceed, Captain?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Matthew\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Matthew\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
  </List>
  <List Text="XGuest Login" Batch="True">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="Welcome, This will Sign Today's Featured XGuest onto the Xbox.(You)  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\guest\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\guest\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
  </List>
  <List Text="Nick Login" Batch="True" Passcode="AYXB">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="Welcome, This will Sign Nickolai onto the Xbox. Do you wish to continue Budd?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\nick\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\nick\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
  </List>
  <Item Action="Shutdown">End Session</Item>
   </Menu>

and i have a folder: c:\profiles with all the users folder in their with their config.xml and their recent.dat

all users have this in their config.xml
(you can put whatever you want on each users menu)

<List Text="Log Off" Batch="True">
   <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Log Off?" Arg2="This will send the Xbox to the User Login Screen.  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\config.xml" Arg2="c:\profiles\guest\config.xml"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Admin\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat" Arg2="c:\profiles\guest\recent.dat"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Admin\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
  </List>
  <List Text="ShutDown & Log Off" Batch="True">
   <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Log Off?" Arg2="This will shutdown the Xbox and return to the User Login Screen.  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\config.xml" Arg2="c:\profiles\guest\config.xml"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Admin\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat" Arg2="c:\profiles\guest\recent.dat"></Item>
   <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Admin\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
   <Item Action="ShutDown"></Item>
  </List>

just change the folder name in each config.xml

the first code you see is just to log off and the second is to log off and shutdown quite simple

thank you so much again for creating this ingenious peice of code

cheers  beerchug.gif

[email protected]

pxpx

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

Ok, now my wheels are turning.  it's nice to be able to give the kids there own menu to play with so that they only have access to games and not apps etc.  it's great that we figured out how to give each user there own recent list.....who want's to expand that concept and give each user there own game saves.  i believe it could be done by simply creating corresponding profile folders in the edrive and then copying the entire e drive back and forth similar to the recent list.  i love to see that code posted here as well.

Something like this (somebody please correct this code)

<Menu>
  <List Text="Mom Login" Batch="True" Passcode="A">
    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Change Users?" Arg2="This will Sign Mommy onto the Xbox.  Do you wish to continue?"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Mom\config.xml" Arg2="c:\config.xml"></Item>
    <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="C:\profiles\Mom\recent.dat" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\recent.dat"></Item>
<Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\profiles\Mom\UDATA\" Arg2="E:\UDATA\"></Item>
  </List>

This way the kids couldn't load and then proceed to screw up one of your game saves.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

cool.  i haven't been here in a couple of weeks.  i'm glad others are enjoying this.  you guys are doing the real work on this.  all i did was plant some seeds.  so thank yourselves!

pxpx, that should work, but be careful.  the C drive is only like 350mb in capacity.  it would be better to store your profile configs and gamesaves on E or F...really F in my opinion.

tweaqr, i couldn't think of a way to have a login screen on boot-up before, but right after you said that you had done it and i accepted that it was possible, i thought of way to do it...

there's actually a way to do this with just one install of UX, but i think 2 installs will be much cleaner and meet the desires expressed in this thread so far.  configure the first install of UX (the one your bios boots)...configure it's menu to be nothing more than a login menu that swaps the config.xmls, etc. that are used by UX-install#2.  after the swapping, launch UX-install#2, which is the one that actually serves as your dashboard.

i can't believe i didn't think of that before!  is that how you did it, tweaqr?

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (pxpx @ Nov 23 2004, 03:49 PM)
thanks, i didn't notice had moved the contents of e to c i shoould have been from the root of e to a profile on e and vice versa

let's just call it a typo wink.gif
for the benefit of others, can you edit the CODE in your previous post to reflect?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

Gee moving gamesaves would take quite a while I'd think my Box has like 80 games with gamesaves as it stands right now the original script takes about 5 seconds to move all the files with game saves it would take nearly a minute

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

good point.

another option would be to leave the game-save backup out of the 'login script' altogether.  instead,  add menu items to each user's menu that gives them the option to manually backup and restore gamesaves to their profile folder.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

Removed

Xb0ss

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

good job. the save game thing is good for kids.
laugh.gif  keep up the good work  cool.gif
glad i could help

beerchug.gif thanks again for making such a great code. dont be modest jester.gif

tweaqr

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »

heres what i started back in march or may don't know if it will be of any use to anyone  now but here it is anyway.

Profiles.rar

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

another bump in the path to enlightenment  jester.gif

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

nice idea very crafty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4