xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleashx And F-drive? Help!  (Read 846 times)

Bicep

• Archived User
Unleashx And F-drive? Help!
« on: July 17, 2004, 05:21:00 AM »

Hi guys,
I installed my new Seagate 120gb hardrive. I'm using UnleashX and Ed on chip with the SmartXX chip. I installed everything, BUT my F-drive doesn't show up in Windows when trying to transfer games (Tried FlashFXP, QWix, xFer). In the UnleashX menu I see F and about 110gb free space but nothing in Windows! What's the  problem?! HELP ME GUYS! Been on this for 2 days now....

gottimanu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

somewhere in the UnleashX menu called "settings" is a option named "use f-drive? yes or no" i think urs is to "no"

Bicep

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

No,
thats the problem. It's set to "Yes" and I can see it in the dash menu but in windows, NOTHING. It says in the dash there is about 110gb free but can't transfer anything there. And Qwix just freezes when transferring...
ARGH...  :grr:

Scaramanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

try to format F again.

Bicep

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

Tried. In the SmartXX menu and in the dashboard menu. :) Still nothing. How is it possible it doesn't show up in windows...

Runt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

Make sure you have the latest bios for your chip. That could very easily be the problem. Check the nfo with the bios and make sure it says that it can handle a 100+ Gig harddrive. The earlier bios's were not intended for larger harddrives.

Bicep

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

I have the 4983.06 Bios. :) Well in the dash menu it shows 107gb free capacity but I can't see the F drive in windows. Qwix freezes when transferring... Really pissing me off... :(
Is there a way to create F drive in the windows..???

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

did you try putting something on the F drive from file manager just to have something on it? maybe windows wont recognize it while its empty? i know that doesnt make too much sense... but a lot of shit ive tried thats worked hasnt made perfect sense either.

DaveHShapiro

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Runt @ Jul 18 2004, 08:06 AM)
Make sure you have the latest bios for your chip. That could very easily be the problem. Check the nfo with the bios and make sure it says that it can handle a 100+ Gig harddrive. The earlier bios's were not intended for larger harddrives.

The limit was 130+ gig not 100+ a 120 gig drive should work with older bios.

Try what someone else said...
Reformat your F drive.

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

here's your best bet. Try to format your f drive with slayers. If that doesn't work, it would seem that your harddrive might be, I said might be defective because mine works just fine. I use a 250GB Western Digital Harddrive and I'm using Bios X2 4983.67

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Bicep @ Jul 18 2004, 12:09 PM)
I have the 4983.06 Bios. :) Well in the dash menu it shows 107gb free capacity but I can't see the F drive in windows. Qwix freezes when transferring... Really pissing me off... :(
Is there a way to create F drive in the windows..???

if there's nothing currently on your F drive, re-formatting can't hurt, but i'm curious...
if you can't see the F drive in windows (your FTP proggie), where are you trying to put stuff when you say 'Qwix freezes when transferring...' ?  what exactly are you trying to xfer? how big is your xfer and where did it come from before it got on your PC? does your transfer possibly contain some files or folders that you created/renamed? maybe some of your files/folders have names that don't conform to FATX limitations...(must be <=42 character long, certain character are illegal, etc)  also, what happens when you don't use Qwix?  can you put a file on F using the dashboard?

LeafsNation

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

try manually typing in /F/ in your ftp program, see if it goes, it could be a software problem.

Can you transfer files from within the xbox to the F drive? ex, copy something from C to F?

bhang419

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

I proably don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm drunk on Jack right now so I'm going to reply anyway?  Why dont you try SmartXX BIOS instead of Xecuter 2 BIOS?

hennifer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

Interesting,
I'm running EvoX 5838 (0xacccd2164c38896e005c9af549523262) through Xenium ICE / OS 2.0.1 and I can't read my F drive from in UX 0.36.0620 Build 499 (yet I can read free space).  But now I see there's a "Use drive F" option maybe (?) so I'm going to go check that out right now (while there's a commercial)..

haha.  damned gf.,  I NEED TO MOD MOVE!!!11

edit: I also wanted to mention i found this especially sucky because I use a seagate too (200GB) so.. lets stick togetha!

This post has been edited by hennifer on Oct 26 2004, 04:45 AM