xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible To Do Ssh?  (Read 493 times)

glitchies

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« on: May 08, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

hey, just wondering if it possible to do ssh on an xbox running unleashx?  is there a compatible ssh for it, or would i have to be running an version of linux?

glitchies

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

I guess this was not the right forum to post this question...  any suggestions on which section i should be posting this question?

bobdavis

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

At this point, the answer is no. There is no command-line interface to UX. You would need to run some version of Linux for this.

trejkaz

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

Well it's not like it _couldn't_ be done.  The easiest command-line though would be raw FTP commands... telnet or SSH could be done too I'm sure, but not without a large amount of extra code.

Musashi

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

I dont think it can be done.

bobdavis

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

There is absolutely no reason why it can't be done; unleashx could add any kind of command-line feature that he wanted. The question comes in when you think of why you would want to. What would you want the command-line interface for?

trejkaz

• Archived User
Possible To Do Ssh?
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

In the case of SSH, it's not just useful for commands.  You can also run SFTP over it,and login to transfer files without letting other losers on your network find out your password like they can see in cleartext with FTP.

But for commands, I'm not sure.  Perhaps moving whole directories around?  But then the file manager can probably do that already... I'm sure there is _some_ reason EvoX had telnet.