xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unleashx Igr.  (Read 856 times)

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« on: March 30, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

Basically, I NEED to change the MS logo on load up to AkumAPRIME. Well with the xecuter2 bioses, this is efectively impossible. But with the M7 bios, I can. Only problem is, the m7 bios does not have IGR built in, so people are telling me to revert to the Evox IGR. Only problem is UnleashX is the best damn dash IMHO (no flames or discussion about  this point. Im sticking to UX, and take this premise for granted for this thread, thanx) and now Im left without an IGR, which is also essential.

Unleashx, would t be possible for you to put an IGR into your dash?

Unless there's another way, and please tell me if you know, thanx muxh

ehb

The Usual Places

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

I don't see why this wouldn't be possible for an X2 BIOS... but since I don't know the procedure... maybe you can give a little help... assuming your are using M7 BIOS... can you lay out the procedure to change it to AkumAPRIME and I will see if I can replicate it using a x2 4981 BIOS and let you know if it's possible

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

You creat a 100 X 17 pixel image with AkumAPRIME "written"/ Drawn on it. Then you use logoX to implant a the .raw pic into an XBE, IE the xboxdash.xbe. But somehow the x2 bios overrides this and they add their own little logo
so  unless you can either extract their IGR  data ( I know nothing of bios shtuff obviously) and put it into the m7, or unless you can crack their code and remove the logo adding part of it, I don't know what else you'd do.

ALSO - Id like to add that the xecuter team added this brand because they want it there. And I agree it's their right to have it there, so I'm not sure htey'll be happ ywith you publishing a cracked bios of theirs. If they don't like it, I'd agree with them.

But assuming otherwise, thats the info. Anyhting unclear?

ehb

This post has been edited by AkumAPRIME on Mar 30 2004, 07:14 PM

The Usual Places

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Mar 30 2004, 02:13 PM)
You creat a 100 X 17 pixel image with AkumAPRIME "written"/ Drawn on it. Then you use logoX to implant a the .raw pic into an XBE, IE the xboxdash.xbe. But somehow the x2 bios overrides this and they add their own little logo
so  unless you can either extract their IGR  data ( I know nothing of bios shtuff obviously) and put it into the m7, or unless you can crack their code and remove the logo adding part of it, I don't know what else you'd do.

ALSO - Id like to add that the xecuter team added this brand because they want it there. And I agree it's their right to have it there, so I'm not sure htey'll be happ ywith you publishing a cracked bios of theirs. If they don't like it, I'd agree with them.

But assuming otherwise, thats the info. Anyhting unclear?

ehb

I understand you.. however.. the xecutor team used most of MS's code to release their BIOS... so if anyone has the right to complain it would be MS.  Anyway... I believe that what you want to do is doable... and I'll give it a shot tonight...

BTW.. have you tried x2 4981 bios and using xbtool... to change settings... you can probably accomplish what you want to do with that method... (other than inserting the image anyway...)

Well... I'll give it a shot tonight.. and let you know...

tweaqr

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

the only reson it dosn't work with the IGR bios is because they use a different compression then M7

SpikeMage

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

The Evo IGR was always buggy anyway. Personally I would just go with the latest X2 bios. Or the really cool blue animation tHc bios....
Working IGR should really come before a logo on boot up IMO.

Sorry..I know that wasn't much help.

futbol4kee

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

i doubt unleashx will get built in igr because not many people need it...

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

Despite that fact, since it would make the dash independent of the X2 bios, maybe it will get put in there. Or... Does anyone else know WTF I can do? any ideas?

ackk

thanxx
ehb

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Mar 31 2004, 07:54 PM)
Despite that fact, since it would make the dash independent of the X2 bios, maybe it will get put in there. Or... Does anyone else know WTF I can do? any ideas?

ackk

thanxx
ehb

You can drill holes in your head and watch all your brains leek out...

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  OMFG, that would allow me to IGR huh! look, this is not hard. Does anyone know how to get IGR with the M7 bios, using the great UnleashX dash. If you do, please let me know. NO sarcastic answers needed, or really even wanted!

BTW Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind, GREAT flick. I recommend it.

thanx

ehb

bobdavis

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

It's not possible. There's your answer. Most people use the X2 BIOS and therefore already have IGR. It's not a good application of developers' time trying to reinvent the wheel when most people don't need a feature like that. Why is it so important that you change the startup logo anyway?

michelkenny

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 07:47:00 AM »

I guess you'll just have to decide what's more important to you: the startup logo or IGR.

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

A: it certainly IS possible for an IGR feature to be implemented in UX.
It wouldnt be reinventing the wheel. That's like saying that UX shouldn't have been developed at all simply because there were already alternate dashes. Ok, so there, sno easy answer, but that doesnt mean UX himself won't implement an IGR. I don't know how hard it is to code, but it seems like UX wants to build us the best damn dash, and I for one have shown that theres a gap in what we can have simultaneously. Maybe UX can fix that gap. I've never been one to choose between two things when both can be had.

ehb

afon

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

Akum, SAME exact dilemma here. I love IGR, but m7 is void of it. Maybe we could have someone haxor us up a HOT x2 bios without the x2 logo? Hell..ill try it :-D

This post has been edited by afon on Apr 1 2004, 07:34 PM

bobdavis

• Archived User
Unleashx Igr.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (AkumAPRIME @ Apr 1 2004, 05:32 PM)
A: it certainly IS possible for an IGR feature to be implemented in UX.
It wouldnt be reinventing the wheel. That's like saying that UX shouldn't have been developed at all simply because there were already alternate dashes. Ok, so there, sno easy answer, but that doesnt mean UX himself won't implement an IGR. I don't know how hard it is to code, but it seems like UX wants to build us the best damn dash, and I for one have shown that theres a gap in what we can have simultaneously. Maybe UX can fix that gap. I've never been one to choose between two things when both can be had.

ehb

Your question was "Does anyone know how to get IGR with the M7 bios, using the great UnleashX dash." The answer to that question is no, it is not currently possible. It certainly is possible for unleashx to add an IGR feature, but things like this are a matter of priorities. He is not going to spend the considerable amount of time coding an EvoX-style IGR when a very small fraction of the users would need it. Who cares about the X2 logo? Some people are so concerned about subtleties of appearance that they give them priority over possible added, useful functionality.
Pages: [1] 2